Wellcare paying no commissions on pdp’s

Someone once tried to say that if an Insurance company wants to sell MAPD you have to offer a pdp.
I wouldn't think there'd be much difference between that and requiring all companies wanting to sell Medigap plans to offer a Plan A.

I wouldn't think there'd be much difference between that and requiring all companies wanting to sell Medigap plans to offer a Plan A.
Chazm has a very valid point. I can name several smaller regional companies that don’t offer a pdp. In OK, community care and global health. But both of these have been in the MA business for a long time.

Almost every agent I know hates WellCare. It’s been that way for years. My conspiracy is that WellCare knows agents hate them so they are doing this as a result.

Yeah, they have been difficult for awhile. It was just a couple years ago when they made everyone who provided banking info on the application, provide it again after the start of the new year. That was a debacle.

Of course everyone knows somebody with a horror story about calling the wellcare customer service. But, they’ve had pretty low price PDPs for awhile now. It their PDP price jumps up, I can’t see much reason for people stay with them.

Maybe they expect to lose the whole PDP market share.

I have just under 200 of their PDP's and 0 of their MAPD's. They will be very easy to not do business with in our market.

Many of my clients loathe them based on having their pdp's over the years, but the value was there. It still will be in some cases, but my clients won't hear anything nice about them.

I don't want to do anything to drastic, because I have a feeling that this will all get sorted out and we will be back to either being paid on most PDP's or none. I still want to take care of the people that trust me to help them with insurance. Short term, it is a very crappy situation to be put in.

I have just under 200 of their PDP's and 0 of their MAPD's. They will be very easy to not do business with in our market.

Many of my clients loathe them based on having their pdp's over the years, but the value was there. It still will be in some cases, but my clients won't hear anything nice about them.

I don't want to do anything to drastic, because I have a feeling that this will all get sorted out and we will be back to either being paid on most PDP's or none. I still want to take care of the people that trust me to help them with insurance. Short term, it is a very crappy situation to be put in.

I have many clients that Loath them but they are not interested in the more expensive alternatives

I have many clients that Loath them but they are not interested in the more expensive alternatives
Hey Vic.

I have the 50 cent one. A T1 med. Prem deducted fm Soc Sec. I have had zero problems -- but I have also never needed to try to talk with customer service.

My Kroger pharmacist did get me a better rate than Wellcare PDP on oxybutinin wit a Blink card - I think that is Kroger's in house equivalent of goodrx.

I think I had a Cigna plan the year they came out of the Penalty Box. Speaking as consumer here, who has not been encouraged to use agents for PDP enrollments, If Wellcare PDP is cheaper than Cigna for 2025 I will probably take that option again and enroll on CMS.

I may be making a mistake just looking at Plan Premium and Med Cost on CMS but I can't get my head wrapped around the "the just look at medication tiers" concept some of you guys talk about.

(I know this is probably silly -- as in what difference does it make to me? -- but I have been pleased to see your posts about making FE work as an additional product stream for you.)

I guess it turns out buying market share on the cheap is a b*tch for everybody.

with the $2k cap coming, I'm kind of expecting Wellcare and/or some other entity to come along with an approach/plan design that mimics what Wellcare did: eye-opening low 'LEP avoidance' premium, low/no deductible for tier 1/2 Rx, low copays on those tiers, thin coverage on the pricey stuff

Back