Wellcare paying no commissions on pdp’s

The people who need help and are on Wellcare have been thrown to the wolves because not many brokers are going to spend a lot of time during AEP working on a product they get nothing for. Especially since the Part D plans are the most time consuming. I bet the Suits on the top are still getting their cut. i am tired of the broker community always getting the shaft from above. We are the ones who actually help little Mrs Jones who can’t leave home and doesn’t understand why her drug cost change so much.
Wellcare blows me away that they’re still in business considering they are the most uneducated folks i’ve ever dealt with.
It will come back and haunt them you will see.

I have over 1,000 Wellcare RX plans on the books - this is going to hurt @$&%💩💩💩!!

I do not sell their MAPD plan, but would think Brokers would stop selling them just because of this PDP issue!!

Holy iiiish.

Ok you have 52 days
You'll need to complete 19.23 rewrites every single day for PDP.
Say each appt is 20 minutes, that is about 6.4 hours per day on PDP rewrites alone.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Holy iiiish.

Ok you have 52 days
You'll need to complete 19 rewrites every single day for PDP.
Say each appt is 20 minutes, that is about 6 hours per day on PDP rewrites alone.

Good luck!

What you think that is going to be a good use of time rewriting drug plans?

and what if the next best commissionable plan is $10 more a month even $5 and higher copays

how much time you going to spend to explain to them why they are going to pay more so you can make $50 on them when you already get paid on med sup?

and let other more profitable buis go so you can spend the time on this?

makes no sense

What you think that is going to be a good use of time rewriting drug plans?

and what if the next best commissionable plan is $10 more a month even $5 and higher copays

how much time you going to spend to explain to them why they are going to pay more so you can make $50 on them when you already get paid on med sup?

and let other more profitable buis go so you can spend the time on this?

makes no sense
How do you know they are going to pay more, no one has seen the premiums or the formulary, you are right they may be best served staying put, but with no new enrollments going into the pool it was be a junk book of biz after one year

How would you miss out on litigation by going to WellCare's event and giving them a piece of your mind?
I was actually responding to a guy who said that he would renounce his Wellcare appointment to not have to be obligated to provide service for free. My bad that I did not quote the person. I am not a professional poster.

Of course Cigna premium is not the national average in Florida. I’ll prob have to leave most on the WellCare plan. Some might move if I let them know I can’t service you as a WellCare client.

Last edited:
Back