Wellcare paying no commissions on pdp’s

No, they don’t.

Yeah but it makes feel better.

I told my Aetna rep to find a new job, since Aetna clearly hates brokers and wants everyone direct. (This was after the Smart RX stunt).
CMS wants everybody to stop writing MAPD - that's why they keep throwing boulders at us (recording, advertisement for people to call Medicare disguised as a "Disclaimer", not paying AEP commissions until Jan, losing all commission if disenrolled in first 3 months, no HRA's, etc)

CMS wants everybody to stop writing MAPD - that's why they keep throwing boulders at us (recording, advertisement for people to call Medicare disguised as a "Disclaimer", not paying AEP commissions until Jan, losing all commission if disenrolled in first 3 months, no HRA's, etc)

They literally have us telling people to call CMS directly
and they get away with it
if that did not sound alarms nothing will

I am just trying to survive and diversify because what's here today might not be tomorrow

Vale, I have 1537 WellCare Part D’s. Can you do the work math for me?
Caveat, not an agent.

I've been thinking about your problem off and on.

You could put a couple of computer kiosks in your waiting room area.

You could get a techie person to limit their access to CMS plan finder site. (No clue if that is possible in real life.)

You could then set up a scheduling system for clients to use the computer to research their PDP options.

Since the government is dumping more costs onto the carrier, like diabetes supplies and installing a max out of pocket at $2000, I expected this. Carriers have to cut costs somehow or go out of business. This is not Wellcare's fault. They did not write the new rules. I expect other carriers to follow suit. Either that or they will have to drastically restrict formularies and/or raise premiums or all of the above. It is just the real world consequences of these government decisions.

Please.

Centene had a $2.8 Billion net profit this year so far, $2.7B in 2023, $1.2B in 2022, $1.3B in 2021. Thats $8B net profit in the last 4 years alone.

They're not going out of business for handing out $70 commissions, they just don't give a F about agents.

I believe it's a mistake for Wellcare to not pay on renewals for PY25 or new sales. Aetna is the other company that is not offering comissions on new sales for PY25. It will be an interesting year, especially for Wellcare, and for Aetna on PDP sales.
I believe the big change on the PDPs is the max out pocket of the $2,000 which will cut into the revenue for these health insurance companies for 2025. These companies have to makeup their revenue so way. So increase in monthly premiums will go into play for 2025. Brokers will take the big hit in losses for income for their businesses.

Back