Wellcare paying no commissions on pdp’s

I wrote a med-supp on someone this morning. Wellcare Value Script was the best PDP plan. December 1st effective date so I wrote them that. I'll get my $100 and that's it unless they change next AEP.

Cigna wasn't even close because Publix isn't a preferred pharmacy with them. That could be another issue in 2025. But for $12? Not worth it. I've give customers the Wellcare number to call to enroll.

Then again, what if they pay commissions in 2026? :skeptical:

I wrote a med-supp on someone this morning. Wellcare Value Script was the best PDP plan. December 1st effective date so I wrote them that. I'll get my $100 and that's it unless they change next AEP.

Cigna wasn't even close because Publix isn't a preferred pharmacy with them. That could be another issue in 2025. But for $12? Not worth it. I've give customers the Wellcare number to call to enroll.

Can you have your client put your NPN in as agent of record when they do the app?

I believe it's a mistake for Wellcare to not pay on renewals for PY25 or new sales. Aetna is the other company that is not offering comissions on new sales for PY25. It will be an interesting year, especially for Wellcare, and for Aetna on PDP sales.
I believe the big change on the PDPs is the max out pocket of the $2,000 which will cut into the revenue for these health insurance companies for 2025. These companies have to makeup their revenue so way. So increase in monthly premiums will go into play for 2025. Brokers will take the big hit in losses for income for their businesses.

I agree. Wellcare missed the opportunity to pay a reduced commission. The reality is our clients have to come to expect a certain level of service from us. I have had to sell a handful of aetna SmartRx PDP's at no commission. There are situations where I have to do that, to maintain the positive relationship with the party that referred the client. It sucks when you then have to do service work on the PDP, or the enrollment has issues, needing time consuming work, at no commission, no revenue for the business owner.

I did the same last week, enrolled her into the value script for 9/1 effective date. Take the 100, and move on.

The Publix and Kroger issue on Cigna is going to be a problem.

Back