Wellcare paying no commissions on pdp’s

Don't be surprised when the other PDP carriers (the few that are left) follow suit: no commissions. Wellcare is the first one I've seen so far that is also going to drop your commissions on exisiting BoB. Others I've seen so far will continue to pay exisiting BoB commissions but 2025 plans are non-commissionable.

Don't be surprised when the other PDP carriers (the few that are left) follow suit: no commissions. Wellcare is the first one I've seen so far that is also going to drop your commissions on exisiting BoB. Others I've seen so far will continue to pay exisiting BoB commissions but 2025 plans are non-commissionable.
Who are you and where are you getting your information?

We have trust issues around here with newbies.

I believe it's a mistake for Wellcare to not pay on renewals for PY25 or new sales. Aetna is the other company that is not offering comissions on new sales for PY25. It will be an interesting year, especially for Wellcare, and for Aetna on PDP sales.
I believe the big change on the PDPs is the max out pocket of the $2,000 which will cut into the revenue for these health insurance companies for 2025. These companies have to makeup their revenue so way. So increase in monthly premiums will go into play for 2025. Brokers will take the big hit in losses for income for their businesses.
Majorly agree. They might make up some profits somewhat, but what they've lost in reputation and broker trust will cost them 10x over any losses from PDP's. They forget that brokers have HUGE followings of very loyal clients that trust them. This is what happens when you put stupid people in charge, who can't read the tea leaves, have zero common sense, and also zero forethought. I mean, a little common sense.....brokers aren't gonna write you AT ALL, for ANY product, after pulling a move like this. Because we now can't trust you personally or with our clients.

Last edited:
CMS wants everybody to stop writing MAPD - that's why they keep throwing boulders at us (recording, advertisement for people to call Medicare disguised as a "Disclaimer", not paying AEP commissions until Jan, losing all commission if disenrolled in first 3 months, no HRA's, etc)
That's because many of them are all moronic communists that buy into the MedicAID for all trope and the fictitious propaganda that Medicare Advantage is bad.

They aren't actually in this industry and have zero clue what actually goes on, yet they legislate it. I have countless thank you letters from my Medicare Advantage clients telling me how happy they are that they were made aware of it and have an MAPD.

Many of these people were, and are, very sick. I just had one that recovered from cancer on an MAPD....had the best care from Northwestern and said the insurance company and the hospital couldn't do enough for her.

But we aren't dealing with logic....all emotion. These are the "YAY GOVERNMENT!" people who think government can do no wrong, and "all those corporations need to go."

I never thought I'd see the day that Medicare Advantage turned into a political issue. It's insane. 🙃

I mean, if someone doesn’t like Medicare Advantage, you do realize you can just get a God damn supplement, right?????? Nothing wrong with those either.

Kinda nice to have OPTIONS and CHOICES for whatever suits YOU PERSONALLY best. But God forbid you have options under commies.

Last edited:
Blue Cross has bought Cigna. Look for changes in 2026
Less competition out there, and more consolidation...not a good thing for brokers or our clients. Funny how that happens to all things whenever supposed "Democrats" (communists) take charge. Happened in 2008 to banks, too. They are killing this program on purpose.

Last edited:
I agree. Wellcare missed the opportunity to pay a reduced commission. The reality is our clients have to come to expect a certain level of service from us. I have had to sell a handful of aetna SmartRx PDP's at no commission. There are situations where I have to do that, to maintain the positive relationship with the party that referred the client. It sucks when you then have to do service work on the PDP, or the enrollment has issues, needing time consuming work, at no commission, no revenue for the business owner.

I did the same last week, enrolled her into the value script for 9/1 effective date. Take the 100, and move on.
I've been telling a lot of my clients and they are none too pleased. I said that unfortunately my service might be reduced or eliminated, depending on what happens.

I would love to continue servicing them, but I can't work for free. On both principle and feasibility. That's energy and time I need to put into other things that actually keep me surviving with a roof over my head.

I have no clue what universe people that did this, and think it's perfectly okay, live in.

One client asked for the number to complain to CMS and the insurance company and I gave them to her. Probably a good idea we all do the same and give those numbers to all of our WellCare clients. She said she'd lobby hard on my behalf.

She's a tough cookie too, and a great girl.

CMS: 904-224-7395 or
1-800-985-3059

WellCare: 1-888-550-5252

Last edited:
I might be the only who thinks this, but I think by the 27' selling season, we will be on the other side of this hard market, and things will be looking good again.
But there will be a lot of agents, and possibly smaller carriers, wiped out in the process.

I might be the only who thinks this, but I think by the 27' selling season, we will be on the other side of this hard market, and things will be looking good again.
But there will be a lot of agents, and possibly smaller carriers, wiped out in the process.
There are way too many agents, usually weak or unscrupulous, who shouldn’t be in the business in the first place. I hope they are washed out. Go back to selling boner pills and final expense. End rant.

Back