Wellcare paying no commissions on pdp’s

Since the government is dumping more costs onto the carrier, like diabetes supplies and installing a max out of pocket at $2000, I expected this. Carriers have to cut costs somehow or go out of business. This is not Wellcare's fault. They did not write the new rules. I expect other carriers to follow suit. Either that or they will have to drastically restrict formularies and/or raise premiums or all of the above. It is just the real world consequences of these government decisions.
I get that. But why can’t they charge $5/mo premium and keep commissions?

Lol lol . Jd will have something to say about that .Thats the stupidest most uninformed statement I’ve ever heard. How’s it a trash product for someone who has very little means and is in bad health ? It fills a big need so the persons burial not a burden on the family .
You can tell yourself whatever makes it easier to sleep at night. Maybe you can sell them a short term medical plan while you’re at it.

the ones who focus on it? As a category, pretty much yeah on the unscrupulous part, given that low dollar final expense insurance is usually a trash product bought by the uninformed or easily misled.
That seems like a supercilious and elitist attitude to me.

Lower the pay?? It's already hard enough to survive in this economy. If anything, the pay should be higher on all these plans. The constant stress of this job and constant hoops you have to jump through that are involved are astronomical. Hate to say it but much of that is because this Biden government administration cannot stop f**cking with this program, constantly. LEAVE IT ALONE. And those calls you're getting are from overseas call mills that don't give a shit about any rules, not any mom and pop regular agent that has absolutely everything to lose. Many of those calls are also ruse scams that use Medicare as an excuse to try and get your Medicare card number. How about just going after the rogue elements and stop punishing absolutely everyone?
I agree partially with this. I think the "do not call" list is a scam. Oversea call centers do bomb seniors with calls daily. BUT, I have seen personally local agencies sending out agents to client's homes. They basically hire a few people to make calls daily and schedule appointments, Then send the agents to close the deals. This is all hog wash. I can't contact my own client, but an agency who has 15 people and the resources to call people daily is able to circumvent the rules. I'd report them, but there's nobody driving the bus. CMS doesn't care. If you are a single agent, you are at a huge disadvantage in today's senior sales environment. I don't recall it being this bad until Obamacare took commissions away in a lot of states.

Want a fix, do what cms wanted to do , take the marketing money away put it back into the plans, and don't think for a minute that they are not coming back with a lawsuit proof plan in January, aep starts on Oct 15th , till dec 15th, for Jan 1st effective date , everyone gets one more shot to change up to Jan 31st, Feb 1st everyone is locked in , no more sep, you got rain you can switch, it snowed you can switch, I took a dump I can switch, locked in Feb 1st..
I have said the same thing. The sun is out today, so you can change plans. Soon, there won't be an enrollment period. It will just an annual allotment of changes. That's a tough break for agents. I hold my breath when there is a federal disaster because I know they'll be agents running around making up reasons to submit an SEP for someone. Sadly, CMS just stamps it and rolls on, never looking back. Seniors just be forced to keep the plans they select for the year. Not express dissatisfaction and change because of it. Bad decisions should hold consequences, but when you can call into CMS and be given an election period, that erases all that.

I have said the same thing. The sun is out today, so you can change plans. Soon, there won't be an enrollment period. It will just an annual allotment of changes. That's a tough break for agents. I hold my breath when there is a federal disaster because I know they'll be agents running around making up reasons to submit an SEP for someone. Sadly, CMS just stamps it and rolls on, never looking back. Seniors just be forced to keep the plans they select for the year. Not express dissatisfaction and change because of it. Bad decisions should hold consequences, but when you can call into CMS and be given an election period, that erases all that.

I agree with a lot of this but if someone is in the wrong plan it's because the agent did a shit job, why should the beneficiary suffer because of that?

I agree with a lot of this but if someone is in the wrong plan it's because the agent did a shit job, why should the beneficiary suffer because of that?
Some time's there is an agent and other times there isn't. There isn't always a solution to why a senior isn't happy with there coverage. I've met plenty of unhealtlhly seniors looking for the perfect MAPD plan and there isn't one. They all have warts. Searching for "never pay a dime" is hard to find. I think the senior aka the member, needs to have more of a say in THEIR coverage and not always blame agents. That's low hanging fruit. While I own my mistakes as an agent, others may not. Someone having to wait until the end of the year isn't the end of the world. It's not fair to agents , doctor's offices and companies to have members changing plans every three months. The two largest drivers for wanting to change plans during the year are 1. rouge agents offering benefits over coverage and seniors falling for it and 2. doctor changes, med changes driving members to be unhappy, wanting a change. Not sure I can empathize for either. Don't trust just anybody with your health care solutions. Also, med changes happen, you can always try again in AEP.

I had a couple call me that has Wellcare MAPD. Primary Care doctor now out of network. I moved them to UHC.

Had another lady that has the same plan that's having a hard time finding a physical therapist in-network.

The PPO plan is ending in this area 12-31-24. Crappy network anyway.

If Wellcare has enough profit to keep their Medicare part D Standalone drug plans at a zero monthly plan premium, then they need to pay agents our renewals on business we earned.
If you ask me, something ain’t right in Denmark with the $0 part D plans.
Somebody’s getting something somewhere. I guarantee it. Hopefully one day a whistleblower or an investigation will uncover the scheme and it’ll all come tumbling down.

Back