Wellcare paying no commissions on pdp’s

Sent a text message to the CEO of my FMO - asking the FMO to sue WellCare. Told him that I lost $24,800 yesterday, which is a big hit to a small business owner.

We'll see if the FMOs use their same litigious power that they used to save their overrides. I'm not holding my breath, but we'll see.
You have that many PDP plans 👀

Here's what I don't get. The VS plan is still $0 a month in Florida. Why not just make it $10 a month and pay the agents that helped get millions of customers? My first thought again is F u Wellcare. That's beyond shitty.

And I'm not replacing any of them. Here Mrs. Jones....pay around $17 a month for Cigna over $12 commission.

We got ***ed big time.

Cigna is $27 in Florida and I’m guessing that’s the lowest premium besides Wellcares $0

I’m going to make a video for my clients and let them know that WellCare has terminated all agents. I can’t review or compare their 2025 WellCare benefits and I won’t be able to service their plan but if they want to keep me as their agent, I’ll be happy to look at other plan options.

Here's what I don't get. The VS plan is still $0 a month in Florida. Why not just make it $10 a month and pay the agents that helped get millions of customers? My first thought again is F u Wellcare. That's beyond shitty.

And I'm not replacing any of them. Here Mrs. Jones....pay around $17 a month for Cigna over $12 commission.

We got ***ed big time.

As of right now, that is my approach as well.

But we all know, wellcare plans work well until they dont. As soon as you have an issue and have to call the service side, you will then pay the price for that low premium.

How much will a consumer pay, for the peace of mind, to know there is quality service when they need it?

I just saw in a FB group from someone who attended a rollout:

The .50 cent PDP will be $0 next year and Ozempic, Mounjaro & Jardiance are $0 cost Tier 6 medications.

Lol what state? In Michigan t6 is gone, if that's the case I will send them all my sickies, they will go broke or just deny the med

As of right now, that is my approach as well.

But we all know, wellcare plans work well until they dont. As soon as you have an issue and have to call the service side, you will then pay the price for that low premium.

How much will a consumer pay, for the peace of mind, to know there is quality service when they need it?
I've had quite a few of my clients on the WC VS PDP for several years now. The only complaints I get about it, is from new clients that forget about the deductible the first time they fill their Tier 3 or 4 drugs.

their MAPD on the other hand...

unless wellcare has made significant changes to their formulary, I will extremely likely keep most of my clients with WellCare's VS PDP.
If its the right thing to do, then I will do what is right for the client.

I will end up taking a hit in commissions, but PDP is a relatively small stream of income for me.
So far this year, the sneak peeks for the plans, things actually look pretty stable here in Florida. I will probably spend a good part of AEP working on diversifying my business, and cross selling HIPs, FE, and continuing my move into the ACA space

I just saw in a FB group from someone who attended a rollout:

The .50 cent PDP will be $0 next year and Ozempic, Mounjaro & Jardiance are $0 cost Tier 6 medications.

If true then I predict Wellfare will crash and burn within two years and we’ll hopefully all get at least some level of satisfaction watching it happen.

Cigna is $27 in Florida and I’m guessing that’s the lowest premium besides Wellcares $0

I’m going to make a video for my clients and let them know that WellCare has terminated all agents. I can’t review or compare their 2025 WellCare benefits and I won’t be able to service their plan but if they want to keep me as their agent, I’ll be happy to look at other plan options.
Great idea. I’m also giving them CMS and WellCare’s number to call and complain to about this situation, and voice how unethical they think it is to cut agents out and steal their earned wages. One of my client’s suggested it and wanted to help, so if they would like to, there is no better advocate for us than our own clients. Stealing things from people is wrong. Sad that CEO Michael Carson doesn’t understand that.

Last edited:
Back