Wellcare paying no commissions on pdp’s

Here you go honcho.
Firstlook.aetna.com

Only 1 Aetna pdp plan for $45 mo in AZ with 590 ded and $5 tier 1

Michigan shows only 1 plan for $28
In 2025, we will offer SilverScript Choice as a non-commissionable product in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. We will continue to pay renewal commissions on all existing commissionable SilverScript PDP business. to offer reduced premiums in some regions to your prospects receiving Extra Help. SilverScript Choice offers a strong combination of brand and generic drugs with more than 1,400 drugs included on our formulary. Tier 1 drugs are no more than $5 at network pharmacies.
Isn't 1400 drugs extremely low?? Per q1medicare formularies are almost always 3000+.

"No more than $5 at network pharmacies" is ambiguous. For some reason, in some situations standard pricing is cited. The term "Network pharmacies" includes preferred and standard. "No more than $5" implies also potentially less than $5 max and there's no mention of preferred pharmacies, I would still hold out hope that tier 1 drugs are $0 at preferred pharmacies.

Has anyone seen or heard that level of detail?

Does deductible apply to all tiers? In the past the majority of plans exclude tier 1 and 2, a few tier 1 only, and at least one also excluded tier 3. The first look at 2025 WC shows that their formerly $0 deductible plan now has deductible on tiers 4 and 5, a clear reduction in benefit from 2024.

WC's full deductible plan has been and still is labelled as designed for duals.

The Medicare Plan Finder and the Medicare & You handbook never state if any tier is deductible free. You can read between the lines at the Plan Finder by looking at the specific drug pricing details for a plan. But the only clear info on it is plan materials or the plan web site. This information gap at Medicare is baffling to me.

I'm laughing at all the agents stating they will boycott wellcare and other non paying pdp's.

Do the math, pdp is a loss leader this year. They don't want the business. Less business = less losses.

If you really want to stick it to them, write them more, especially the branded drug clients.

"We'll teach them" is a pipe dream.

CMS is laughing there butts off. This is exactly what they wanted. What they really want is carriers to stop selling PDP’s all together.

Oh that one I believe

But I didn’t see where it said “not being mapped”
So you think what is posted on the Aetna web site say your current smart rx members are being mapped to the new choice plan at 28.50 a month and we are going to pay you a renewal commission?

CMS is laughing there butts off. This is exactly what they wanted. What they really want is carriers to stop selling PDP’s all together.

Actually what it does is create such a time soaking situation for most agents that it will drive a lot of people to medicare.gov

I bet at minimum 20% of people who previously used an agent will learn to shop for themselves and buy direct through carrier or CMS

which truly is the goal

There are agents here saying things like
""Damnit, and I just wrote 5 Wellcare PDPs yesterday. I'll rewrite every single one during AEP because of this.""

How many other people wont be helped on med advantage and other plans because agents are trying to switch drug plans

I'm laughing at all the agents stating they will boycott wellcare and other non paying pdp's.

Do the math, pdp is a loss leader this year. They don't want the business. Less business = less losses.

If you really want to stick it to them, write them more, especially the branded drug clients.

If you wanna rebel against the companies, help beneficiaries become aware and sign up for the “smoothing” with the company you don’t like…

there’s a segment of the population that doesn’t pay bills now, if a carrier gets too much of that with their PDP, it will be a massive headache, since they can’t term a member over non payment

For these people, I suppose their moop is $0… maybe this is ultimately what CMS wanted, a situation where people can get whatever they want, and actually have to pay for it

What's the highest premium your clients are willing to pay for your "services"? Assuming $0 prem, and $0 commission PDP plan is avail.

$20/mo ? X 12 = $240/year. You ain't worth $240 for 15 minutes of PDP shopping
It depends on the client. Some I am, some I am not. If you don't think your services are valuable, that is fine. If a client has 23 drugs and you are talking to them about their drug plan for 15 minutes, I agree, your services are not very valuable.

The idea is don't write their MA plans - they still want that business.

Back