Wellcare PDP Class Action Suit

For those of you who aren't in the ACA space it looks like Wellcare(Ambetter) is nuking the EPO in a lot of markets including South Florida. They had a good quarter but man something is off with them.
thats pretty much true with every carrier in florida. there's really no good choice for those not on Medicare, and don't have employer coverage from a big company like Disney

thats pretty much true with every carrier in florida. there's really no good choice for those not on Medicare, and don't have employer coverage from a big company like Disney
Did this come about as a cost control measure for the carriers?

Obamacare is a disaster for anyone who isn't within 10% of the poverty line limit, too, financially. The coverage only gets worse as you pay more money. Makes absolutely no logical sense and needs to massively change.

I got so tired of delivering people bad news that I just stopped working the exchange years ago. I didn't do it much anyway, but it's just a disaster.

It also makes us as brokers look bad, too, because people are coming to us for help, when they need insurance, and then we have to tell them they're gonna pay $800/month for a plan with a $7,500 deductible.

It's not good for business/ receiving referrals. When someone isn't happy, they aren't gonna give you more business.

They're gonna go...."Yea, I went to that guy you mentioned and he quoted me a terrible plan for an outrageous price!"

And even if they do give you referrals, if they are happy, it's just gonna be more people like them....people that are only out of work for a few months before they find a new job with insurance coverage.

You just end up doing a TON of work for $40, and then they're gone for good. Not worth it.

They don't understand that we have no control over these plans and prices. 80-90% of plans are not good.

Last edited:
Obamacare is a disaster for anyone who isn't within 10% of the poverty line limit, too, financially. The coverage only gets worse as you pay more money. Makes absolutely no logical sense and needs to massively change.

I got so tired of delivering people bad news that I just stopped working the exchange years ago. I didn't do it much anyway, but it's just a disaster.

It also makes us as brokers look bad, too, because people are coming to us for help, when they need insurance, and then we have to tell them they're gonna pay $800/month for a plan with a $7,500 deductible.

It's not good for business/ receiving referrals. When someone isn't happy, they aren't gonna give you more business.

They're gonna go...."Yea, I went to that guy you mentioned and he quoted me a terrible plan for an outrageous price!"

And even if they do give you referrals, if they are happy, it's just gonna be more people like them....people that are only out of work for a few months before they find a new job with insurance coverage.

You just end up doing a TON of work for $40, and then they're gone for good. Not worth it.

They don't understand that we have no control over these plans and prices. 80-90% of plans are not good.
You can't be right.

There's a guy that use to come on here to tell us how we could become millionaires selling ACA. We didn't even have to make a phone call.

Haven't heard much from him lately now that I think of it.

You can't be right.

There's a guy that use to come on here to tell us how we could become millionaires selling ACA. We didn't even have to make a phone call.

Haven't heard much from him lately now that I think of it.

How I wish. All I got from it was enough money for a few cases of beer, for the massive migraines it gave me.

How I wish. All I got from it was enough money for a few cases of beer, for the massive migraines it gave me.
You've got me beat. I don't drink beer. Just coffee.

But I own the coffee company so it ain't that bad.

What little I make I'm saving up to buy a unicorn.

When I get one I'm moving to Florida.

Back