What’s your best rebuttal...

DHK had the best comeback so far.

If you are getting this far in the interview before getting the payment objection, either you did not qualify this person BEFORE setting the appointment.

Or you failed to uncover the reason why they were willing to talk to you. No one invites an insurance agent into their home for social reasons.

Keyword here is "our"... Our kids can afford to pay for our funeral”

My response is, Great, so we don't have to talk about that portion of the protection. Funerals are overpriced nowadays so I'm glad that's off the table. So lets talk about what happens when something happens to (insert husband's or wife's name here). If your kids have the funeral covered, is there any income to replace, or bills that would need to be taken care of? Will you take time off work (if applicable of course)? Are there any churches or charities you would like to endow anything to? etc etc

I would rebut the rebuttle and move on to the next topic in the needs analysis. IF the rebuke the notion of life insurance altogether I would say now that we have reviewed that, let's move on to the fun part and save you some money on the home and auto...

If I am able to save them some money there, and I usually can, I then go back later to my "your premium would likely be in the $X range per month conversation about life insurance" and say, it looks like we can save you enough money on the home and auto that we can spare your kids the burden while they mourn your untimely deaths. All of this money we saved from this Peter Insurance company home and auto could pay for your Paul Insurance Company Life policy.

Back