What brings you to our community?

It's always interesting to hear how you find a community -

So, how did you hear about insurance forums? What did you initially come for?
I am new to the agency business and was researching for some topics and came across this forum through Google. I'd love to find a mentor and buy an independent agency as I am very interested in this business

I initially came to the site when I was first licensed and wanted to learn as much as I could. I've now been in the insurance business for a little over 10 years.

It's always interesting to hear how you find a community -

So, how did you hear about insurance forums? What did you initially come for?
searching for a platform to discuss strange insurance situations with peers - everyone has different experiences and I'm hoping I could find help and maybe one day offer help from what I have learned through the years

Currently:
We insure a church that uses a school to hold their services, the school district wants to be named additional insured for Non-Owned and Hired Auto Liability. The church is NOT going to be using any school owned autos, borrowed or hired. The carrier says no; firstly they can't do this on a NOHA only policy (insured doesn't own any autos); and secondly there is no insurable interest held by the school as far as autos go. The school and district are named as Additional Insured as it pertains to GL coverage for the use of facilites and the parking lot,

Has anyone else experienced this? is there a workaround? How do you get someone at a school district to understand this is they have no insurance background and aren't seemingly willing to listen?

In the past it is all sorts of coverage for different types of outreaches, international exposures, political event, CA - wildfire/property hurdles. I have a large property in Texas that would be nice to get placed with an admitted carrier

Hi everyone,

My reason for coming here is that I just started my own agency and I need some advice. Interested in joining an aggregator. I've had a few conversations with SmartChoice, SIA of NC, and PGI so far. However, I have not made a decision yet. PGI seems to be the best fit so far, but each has its pros and cons.

Please let me know if you have any advice or older posts I should read.

Thank you!

Back