What do you say...?

We agree again :).. An "assumptive" close is just what it says.. You 'assume" the sale and start filling out the app. Many times you will not have actually settled on which plan until after the app is fully completed with the exception of the face amount and premium. Some agents are totally uncomfortable doing it this way while other are very successful at it. Have had a prospect say. "Wait a minute! I haven't said I will take it yet"... To which I always replied with shock, "You mean you haven' decided to take it?" :shocked: Funny thing, this objection seldom came when the prospect was a woman. Almost always a man.

Now that's interesting. That conceptually parallels some comments kgmom made about selling supplements when spouses T65 at different times.

We agree again :).. An "assumptive" close is just what it says.. You 'assume" the sale and start filling out the app. Many times you will not have actually settled on which plan until after the app is fully completed with the exception of the face amount and premium. Some agents are totally uncomfortable doing it this way while other are very successful at it. Have had a prospect say. "Wait a minute! I haven't said I will take it yet"... To which I always replied with shock, "You mean you haven' decided to take it?" :shocked: Funny thing, this objection seldom came when the prospect was a woman. Almost always a man.

I like to slap that app right on the table in the first minute or two. I start filling that app out discreetly right there in front of them as we are talking about the weather or who knows what. You don't just dive into filling it out full tilt you just peck away at it. When the time comes that you make it clear you are filling the app little does the client know you have it already 75% filled out. Now its showtime and you are fully focused on collecting the signatures and the check.

Putting the app on the table is old school and can be effective if you have the ability (and desire) to control the interview from the time you walk in the door.

I have worked with folks in the past that were definitely take charge. They walk in the door, tell the people where to sit and the kids to go to their rooms. A few even get up and turn the TV off rather than asking the homeowner to turn it down or off.

These folks get everything out in the open and tell the homeowner they have a tight schedule and will be gone in 20 minutes or less. They are closing from the time they walk in the house.

These same agents often have high not taken apps and high lapses.

There are ways to control the interview without intimidating the prospect.

Putting the app on the table is old school and can be effective if you have the ability (and desire) to control the interview from the time you walk in the door.

I have worked with folks in the past that were definitely take charge. They walk in the door, tell the people where to sit and the kids to go to their rooms. A few even get up and turn the TV off rather than asking the homeowner to turn it down or off.

These folks get everything out in the open and tell the homeowner they have a tight schedule and will be gone in 20 minutes or less. They are closing from the time they walk in the house.

These same agents often have high not taken apps and high lapses.

There are ways to control the interview without intimidating the prospect.

Sounds like expensive lead at that point. You milk a cow, not squeeze it.

Sounds like expensive lead at that point. You milk a cow, not squeeze it.
I put the app on the table at the beginning also... and usually lay a pen on top of it but I don't start filling it out at the beginning of the presentation.. The idea is to get them used to seeing it so that there is no objection when you start to complete it. It also makes for a smoother transition from the presentation to completing the app than having to stop and look in your kit for the app.

Back