What do you say...?

So many successful FE agents use the "3 reasons" that I tried using it for about a year in 2009ish. What a bunch of crap (for me). I spent more time staring into eyes like a monkey with a Rubik's cube. JD is in my opinion a Genius in the FE market so I gave it all I could, I bought in like a Branch Davidian. I couldn't make it work for me. I tell them about other clients that I have and the tragedy that they saw in their family regarding dying with no 'shorance and how NOBODY wants to leave a legacy like THAT. "And that's probably why you filled that card out and sent it to me WUDDN IT? Not saying that the "3 reasons" doesn't work because it obviously does, just not for me. Just like it KILLS me to read the lead card back to them. Makes me want to shove my pen into my ear while I'm doing it. It's embarrassing to me. My presentation is very relationship based. Stories with a point. I always try to have a serious, pointed, responsible conversation about insurance planning without them knowing that they are having one. If all goes well, we just naturally fill out an app. I just can't follow a script to save my life.

So many successful FE agents use the "3 reasons" that I tried using it for about a year in 2009ish. What a bunch of crap (for me). I spent more time staring into eyes like a monkey with a Rubik's cube. JD is in my opinion a Genius in the FE market so I gave it all I could, I bought in like a Branch Davidian. I couldn't make it work for me. I tell them about other clients that I have and the tragedy that they saw in their family regarding dying with no 'shorance and how NOBODY wants to leave a legacy like THAT. "And that's probably why you filled that card out and sent it to me WUDDN IT? Not saying that the "3 reasons" doesn't work because it obviously does, just not for me. Just like it KILLS me to read the lead card back to them. Makes me want to shove my pen into my ear while I'm doing it. It's embarrassing to me. My presentation is very relationship based. Stories with a point. I always try to have a serious, pointed, responsible conversation about insurance planning without them knowing that they are having one. If all goes well, we just naturally fill out an app. I just can't follow a script to save my life.

What you are doing there is what an actual "Assumptive" close is. These folks in this thread are talking about the "Alternate Close." The "Alternate Close" is where the salesperson gives the prospect 2 or 3 choices and it does not matter which choice the prospect picks because all choices are a sale.

What you are doing there is what an actual "Assumptive" close is. These folks in this thread are talking about the "Alternate Close." The "Alternate Close" is where the salesperson gives the prospect 2 or 3 choices and it does not matter which choice the prospect picks because all choices are a sale.

Not exactly, I give 3 choices, but my choices are as follows:

Well Barb, we have three choices here:
first, we could just do nothing save the money and bankrupt the kids... no sense in those little ankle biters get away without helping, ha, ha, ha...
secondly, we could save up the coffee cans so your family can put your picture on them after your gone and place them around town to collect loose change from well meaning folks, ha, ha, ha...
or third, you can sign right here and take care of it before you become worm food... smile and had her the pen.

These 3 choice works every time! :yes:

What I'm talking about is "3 reasons" not "3 choices". "3 reasons" is done usually at the very beginning of the presentation so they will give you a reason why you are there.

We agree again :).. An "assumptive" close is just what it says.. You 'assume" the sale and start filling out the app. Many times you will not have actually settled on which plan until after the app is fully completed with the exception of the face amount and premium. Some agents are totally uncomfortable doing it this way while other are very successful at it. Have had a prospect say. "Wait a minute! I haven't said I will take it yet"... To which I always replied with shock, "You mean you haven' decided to take it?" :shocked: Funny thing, this objection seldom came when the prospect was a woman. Almost always a man.

Back