What do you say...?

I agree with this. I think if you just flat out ask "why?", you will more often than not get one of the answers you stated above. They will always revert to the path of least resistance.

I do believe that most of them have a "why" or a need, but you have to ask the right questions to find out exactly what that is. You are the professional. Ask them what their symptoms are, then YOU give the diagnosis.

Except of course nobody suggested that finding the why isn't a process.

Except of course nobody suggested that finding the why isn't a process.
Let's get back on track. I believe we were talking about bedbugs. :daydream:
Yeah, the mental damage is the kicker. I was scratching at nothing all the way home.:shocked:
This thread ...scratch scratch, has me wondering where the expression, 'Put A Bug In Your Ear" came from.:unsure:

Let's get back on track. I believe we were talking about bedbugs. :daydream:

Actually the original post was "What do you say... ?" and it didn't refer to bed bugs.

That being said, I am professional so I know how to pivot...

I guess first I would make an observation: "Mrs. Jones, I see there are little critters running around your apartment and I think one just ran up my pant leg!"

Followed by a question: "When you sent your card in did you mistaken it for information regarding fumigation? If that is so, no worry I'm here to help you with both. We can start by taking care of your final wishes and then we will move on getting a phone number for Orkin."

Now we are full circle.:spinny:

I hate it when you're filling the app out on the filthy kitchen table and you have to keep flicking ants off the app and they're watching you do it and aren't even embarrassed when you pick the app up and there's a grape jelly stain on the back of the app. :confused:

I hate it when you're filling the app out on the filthy kitchen table and you have to keep flicking ants off the app and they're watching you do it and aren't even embarrassed when you pick the app up and there's a grape jelly stain on the back of the app. :confused:
Better than flipping the roaches off..... :yes:

You mean... you hope it's just jelly. I'm a coffee drinker so I ask to use the facilities in the field quite often (by the way, good way to close a sale)... some of the stuff I've seen in those bathrooms over the years could fill a chapter in book.

Don't get me wrong... lovely people, just no hint of OCD.

You mean... you hope it's just jelly. I'm a coffee drinker so I ask to use the facilities in the field quite often (by the way, good way to close a sale)... some of the stuff I've seen in those bathrooms over the years could fill a chapter in book.

Don't get me wrong... lovely people, just no hint of OCD.
When I am out in the field, I normally use the facilites"in the field"... :twitchy:

Last edited:
Back