What protects us from nasty customers?

I wouldn't avoid him, do your job to completion, once he has the refund, you do not have to deal with him any longer. This is a safeguard for you also, make sure he has the refund, call the company with him for confirmation, if he doesn't bite, you tried.

Stand your ground, don't give in just to give in, that's what keeps jack asses like him thinking they have the right to continue being jackasses.

Also, him badmouthing you to anyone says more about him than it does you, and anyone that knows him or will hear him speak like that about you (or anyone for that matter) will probably roll their eyes at him anyway.

Don't worry. It's never as bad as it seems.

I wouldn't avoid him, do your job to completion, once he has the refund, you do not have to deal with him any longer. This is a safeguard for you also, make sure he has the refund, call the company with him for confirmation, if he doesn't bite, you tried.

Stand your ground, don't give in just to give in, that's what keeps jack asses like him thinking they have the right to continue being jackasses.

Also, him badmouthing you to anyone says more about him than it does you, and anyone that knows him or will hear him speak like that about you (or anyone for that matter) will probably roll their eyes at him anyway.

Don't worry. It's never as bad as it seems.

Or... go take a dump on his porch... :yes:

My point was just be courteous and professional at all times, don't let him take you out of you and down to his level, that's the response he lives off of. But Josh, that was funny as heck!

Everyone of us gets a certain number of nut cases. I recently had a woman scream at me not for anything I was doing or did as much as for her impatience, distrust, lack of understanding, or consideration. Maybe I shouldn't admit it but I screamed back! :biggrin: I DO NOT want to see her again.

it happens to us all I once cursed out a client because she said she was ready to go ahead so I drove 1 1/2 hours to meet with her and when she go there she said i changed my mind and told me to just leave my information she didnt have time.

Sad to say I used several unsavory words

Stop any communication in writing or e-mail. Get a phone recorder and tape any future conversations with him. Might not be usable in court, but it could get him to back down if necessary, or just go ahead and tell him you're taping the conversation.

Then, take a deep breath and let it go. He's still alive, so there isn't a problem with his policy being rejected at this point.

Years ago the postal service took quite a while to deliver an oversized envelope. We couldn't figure it out on our end, we used one of those in-office "franking" machines and sent it out. When the prospect finally did receive it, he said we were just full of **** and that we'd somehow gone into the machine and changed the date to "backdate the mailing"....

Just be glad it didn't go further with this clown, and that you're not securities licensed!!!

it happens to us all I once cursed out a client because she said she was ready to go ahead so I drove 1 1/2 hours to meet with her and when she go there she said i changed my mind and told me to just leave my information she didnt have time.

Sad to say I used several unsavory words

The meanest thing I ever said to a client was "you have to be the stupidest person I've ever spoke to" as he was canceling a major med to buy a discount scam for his wife, and I hung up on him. He called back and said, please don't cancel it. We called it the "stupid close" for months.

Shake it off and PS: I would send emails and a start a paper trail and record the calls, if you need to use my recorded call access, let me know, now worries, we have to stick together!

The meanest thing I ever said to a client was "you have to be the stupidest person I've ever spoke to" as he was canceling a major med to buy a discount scam for his wife, and I hung up on him. He called back and said, please don't cancel it. We called it the "stupid close" for months.

Shake it off and PS: I would send emails and a start a paper trail and record the calls, if you need to use my recorded call access, let me know, now worries, we have to stick together!

I like this... I'm going to start using this close on everyone that "wants to think about it..."

Now we know what Rob teaches in his training... LOL

Back