What Would Be Good Production for a Single Agent?

Actually I have a question about the MO anniversary rule, My Clients spouse needs it. Is it like the CA bday where you can go from F to G or does it have to be F to F?

Every example I had seen show F to F works but C to F does not but no info on going down a Letter to G[/QUOTE

Pretty much every carrier will go apples to apples ( F to F). Most will let you go from a pre 2010 plan, E or J, to plan F on anniversary. A few will let you downgrade on anniversary but they have specific interpretations of which letter you can go to depending on current plan (ie Plan F to G/N under GI). It all depends on the carrier that is taking the business. You can also switch 30 days before or after the original effective date.

If you want a recommendation or need a broker in Missouri send me a PM.

----------

Also a lot of companies pay limited commission on anniversary rule so that obviously comes into play.

Over the last 6 years I've worked harder on SEO, Online Marketing, Sales, Leadership, Training, and Personal Development than you or my competitors will in 10 lifetimes. I don't say this to put you down, I say this because my results prove themselves. And I don't need to prove sh*t to anyone except myself and my family.

You will never outwork me, outrank me, outwit me, or outperform me in anyway when it comes to this industry.

Awesome.

Our business is a craft. A serious cash-cow craft. I just got done reading E-myth revisited (I read about a book a week on sales/entrepreneurship/etc.) and what you've done is really perfected the craft. You have the process down.

I find myself constantly thinking - how can I do this just a little bit better. How can I systematize it better. How can I perfect the sales process. How can I fill in the gaps better.

I'm nowhere near where you are in terms of production, but I'm way better than I was a few years ago. Yesterday I closed a T65 (e-app completed and signed) in 34:11. It was the first time I talked to her, and I did not rush it. And she even threw in several objections and stalls - it wasn't a referral or a lay down. It was normal...

Contrast that with a few years ago I thought (mistakenly) that you had to meet with people face-to-face, and that you had to do a two-meeting sales approach (first hour meeting - need analysis / rapport - 2nd meeting - present product), that you had to give a detailed explanation of Medicare, etc..

50+ per month is too big of a goal for me to wrap my head around. At this point. But knowing it can be done (and seeing my own progress) makes me stretch my own goals.

Brevo –
Do you have trouble with the English language?

You have completely bastardized what I actually wrote into a meaning that is not even near what is presented. You have become too easily defensive over nothing, which is indicative of a person who is either too thin skinned to be in any sales position, or is working hard to cover up the truth. You are obviously losing sleep over this or you would have just walked away.

You are a thin skinned one and showing signs of defending a defenseless position. No one said you lied or were dishonest, yet.

The more you try to defend yourself the more you are looking like a liar. Now, there I said it. A person who was honest about what they said would not have responded so hollowly defensive and attack me while attempting to rally those who supported you. A person who is aggressively trying to defend a lie would.
Do I know anything about psychology?

Yes. Actually I taught graduate level behavioral finance based technical analysis courses at two different universities as I trained the tenured finance professors to get certified to instruct in the new field. You can’t do that without a strong background in psychology and finance.

Sales success?

The first time I pulled in 10 grand a month was way back in 1986, selling life insurance for the Guardian. Since then, as a broker, I have many months with income more than you will ever reach. Have you ever taken home single paychecks of $397,000, or even $300,000? I have. And that was before I switched to becoming an analyst and later setting up shop selling a newsletter to hedge funds all over the world at $15,000 / year per subscription.

I would still be doing that but I got too sick to work and had to take over a year and a half off and shut that business down because of it. It was a lesson in many things, especially the value of insurance. i like the idea of MedSups because if i get sick again my family will still have income...and I don't expect and won't settle for a paycheck lower than what I am used to.

I am glad you are full of yourself. But your thin skinn and defensiveness have blinded your reading comprehension. How you got your wild ass accusations out of my comments (copied below) is beyond me, Mr. Defensive

Re your comment: “And if someone comes along who's already achieving what you want to, instead of telling them to prove their claims, why not just ask them questions about how they became so successful? You'd be surprised, they just might answer you”

That’s just what I did Mr Defensive --- and you got your skirt balled up and wouldn’t answer. Read below what I wrote, I took the liberty of copying pasting in case you have equal trouble searching.

My original comments:

“I agree, more than anything else the number of leads will make or break a salesperson. Obviously, those leads she had are not self generated. How are you generating your leads? I am not asking for some secret, just a general answer.”

You did not answer.

After your silence, as the conversation continued:

“I am skeptical of those numbers because the agent has made no effort to even vaguely describe his / her lead method. Could it be that this lucky new agent spent $4,000 up front for the 200 plus leads she would need to write this kind of business? Maybe. More possible than probable. I can say from experience that the leads were not free and not generated by the agent (not via cold call etc). That means either someone sold or gave her the leads. If the agent has 4 others agents working for him (I believe that's what he wrote), and they all were treated equally, his agency is purchasing or generating close to 1,000 leads per month. That's a big number - and it leaves me skeptical because I have not seen anyone generate that many leads without being in the lead business. “

A general answer from you was all I asked. You could have said –"incoming internet", or "direct mail" or whatever.

Succesful people don't try to defend themselves by putting others down.

PS. I also suggest you go back and re-take or get a refund on any money you spent on Leadership and Persnal Development.

Have you ever taken home single paychecks of $397,000, or even $300,000? I have. And that was before I switched to becoming an analyst and later setting up shop selling a newsletter to hedge funds all over the world at $15,000 / year per subscription.

I write these numbers all the time, several times a day. Then I ball up my list of things I wish for and throw them away. :biggrin: :err:

(didja see what I did there?)

MatthewC- I really don't understand your point. This is what I do know- While I shouldn't need any other motivation other than answering to my family and myself, I am indeed motivated by Bevo and some other's words. For me, these posts serve as a reminder that I can do better. Bevo's posts will push me just a bit to look in the mirror and will serve as a kick in the a** to make sure that I am prospecting and marketing as best that I can. Thanks!

Brevo –
Do you have trouble with the English language?

You have completely bastardized what I actually wrote into a meaning that is not even near what is presented. You have become too easily defensive over nothing, which is indicative of a person who is either too thin skinned to be in any sales position, or is working hard to cover up the truth. You are obviously losing sleep over this or you would have just walked away.

You are a thin skinned one and showing signs of defending a defenseless position. No one said you lied or were dishonest, yet.

The more you try to defend yourself the more you are looking like a liar. Now, there I said it. A person who was honest about what they said would not have responded so hollowly defensive and attack me while attempting to rally those who supported you. A person who is aggressively trying to defend a lie would.
Do I know anything about psychology?

Yes. Actually I taught graduate level behavioral finance based technical analysis courses at two different universities as I trained the tenured finance professors to get certified to instruct in the new field. You can’t do that without a strong background in psychology and finance.

Sales success?

The first time I pulled in 10 grand a month was way back in 1986, selling life insurance for the Guardian. Since then, as a broker, I have many months with income more than you will ever reach. Have you ever taken home single paychecks of $397,000, or even $300,000? I have. And that was before I switched to becoming an analyst and later setting up shop selling a newsletter to hedge funds all over the world at $15,000 / year per subscription.

I would still be doing that but I got too sick to work and had to take over a year and a half off and shut that business down because of it. It was a lesson in many things, especially the value of insurance. i like the idea of MedSups because if i get sick again my family will still have income...and I don't expect and won't settle for a paycheck lower than what I am used to.

I am glad you are full of yourself. But your thin skinn and defensiveness have blinded your reading comprehension. How you got your wild ass accusations out of my comments (copied below) is beyond me, Mr. Defensive

Re your comment: “And if someone comes along who's already achieving what you want to, instead of telling them to prove their claims, why not just ask them questions about how they became so successful? You'd be surprised, they just might answer you”

That’s just what I did Mr Defensive --- and you got your skirt balled up and wouldn’t answer. Read below what I wrote, I took the liberty of copying pasting in case you have equal trouble searching.

My original comments:

“I agree, more than anything else the number of leads will make or break a salesperson. Obviously, those leads she had are not self generated. How are you generating your leads? I am not asking for some secret, just a general answer.”

You did not answer.

After your silence, as the conversation continued:

“I am skeptical of those numbers because the agent has made no effort to even vaguely describe his / her lead method. Could it be that this lucky new agent spent $4,000 up front for the 200 plus leads she would need to write this kind of business? Maybe. More possible than probable. I can say from experience that the leads were not free and not generated by the agent (not via cold call etc). That means either someone sold or gave her the leads. If the agent has 4 others agents working for him (I believe that's what he wrote), and they all were treated equally, his agency is purchasing or generating close to 1,000 leads per month. That's a big number - and it leaves me skeptical because I have not seen anyone generate that many leads without being in the lead business. “

A general answer from you was all I asked. You could have said –"incoming internet", or "direct mail" or whatever.

Succesful people don't try to defend themselves by putting others down.

PS. I also suggest you go back and re-take or get a refund on any money you spent on Leadership and Persnal Development.

I am sorry but the more you post the more it seems like you posts better describe yourself then those you are accusing.

Take a deep breath and begin again and reset yourself

----------

Actually I have a question about the MO anniversary rule, My Clients spouse needs it. Is it like the CA bday where you can go from F to G or does it have to be F to F?

Every example I had seen show F to F works but C to F does not but no info on going down a Letter to G[/QUOTE

Pretty much every carrier will go apples to apples ( F to F). Most will let you go from a pre 2010 plan, E or J, to plan F on anniversary. A few will let you downgrade on anniversary but they have specific interpretations of which letter you can go to depending on current plan (ie Plan F to G/N under GI). It all depends on the carrier that is taking the business. You can also switch 30 days before or after the original effective date.

If you want a recommendation or need a broker in Missouri send me a PM.

----------

Also a lot of companies pay limited commission on anniversary rule so that obviously comes into play.

Thank you that is what I needed to know.

I stand corrected.

Earlier in this thread I said Bevo conducts seminars. Brain fart time. Bevo is the internet Ninja.

WC Mason, another contributor that I respect for his knowledge and contribution to the forum, is the seminar guru.

Carry on.

Back