What's considered by insurance companies as a pre existing condition?

The OP did not ask about group coverage. He has 2 threads going about the same question. It is a family member of the agent needing coverage ASAP because something isn't right.

And that's always the way

I remember when I was new, Working for a call center, One of my first apps for maj med( Around 2006) Girl early 20's desperate to get coverage right away, I asked 6 different ways No nothing Aske about pregnancy 3 x NO No nothing

Called me flipping out a month later because Ins company would not pay for her pregnancy as she was 7 months pregnant

And that's always the way

I remember when I was new, Working for a call center, One of my first apps for maj med( Around 2006) Girl early 20's desperate to get coverage right away, I asked 6 different ways No nothing Aske about pregnancy 3 x NO No nothing

Called me flipping out a month later because Ins company would not pay for her pregnancy as she was 7 months pregnant
And her coverage would not have kicked in for 12 months on a pregnancy anyhow.

And her coverage would not have kicked in for 12 months on a pregnancy anyhow.

I thought it was 9 or 10 months in most states, Either way, I felt like I was inconveniencing her just trying to over basic benefits, I did it, but she was in a rush to get it done and I was green at the time, Still sensed enough to ask several different ways about pre ex

One of my first apps for maj med( Around 2006) Girl early 20's desperate to get coverage right away, I asked 6 different ways No nothing Aske about pregnancy 3 x NO No nothing

I was doing a group presentation to employees back in the dark ages. During the Q&A one person asked about maternity.

Yes, includes maternity.

Figured that was the end of it.

Months later I got a call from a very angry man. You told me the plan included maternity. They won't pay for my daughters maternity bills.

Daughter?

Yes, my daughter. Some boy she was dating knocked her up and your company won't pay.

Sir, maternity is only for adults, not children.

You didn't say children would not be covered.

You didn't ask.

Well I am going to sue.

Sorry, I can't help you.

coverage would not have kicked in for 12 months on a pregnancy

Each carrier different.

KP had no waiting period in Georgia. Just could not be pregnant at the time you applied for individual coverage

Back