Where Do I Learn About Life Insurance?

jody108

Guru
100+ Post Club
Alright, this may sound really silly but can anyone tell me where I can learn about all the aspects of life insurance?

I'm selling the heck out of FE but that's only because it's really easy to sell and easy to understand.

However, I feel like I should become an expert in the Life Insurance field so that I can offer the best product to the customer.

For instance, when do you sell Universal life and what the heck is it? what's its advantage over Whole life?

If anyone knows of a book that break down of all Life insurance products or if one of you wants to explain here, I am open to it.

I need help.

There is so much information out there that you can get. Just use google, you'll probably find more than you bargained for!

Im sure there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here that "could" explain a lot of it.....but basically with UL, the client can fluctuate their premium. There is a lot more info thats involved with it though

Denise,
Welcome to the forum.
Insurance, whether it be whole life or not is NEVER and investment. If you look at it that way, you should change your thinking.

Last edited:
I have to add here that if you are purchasing your insurance policy from an agent, be aware that most agents are affiliated to a particular insurance company (or two). The odds therefore of receiving an unbiased opinion from them are pretty low. The Internet proves very useful in this matter. There are a number of online insurance providers that can offer you multiple quotes from hundreds of companies. This will ensure that you have a wide range of choices and are left to make a well-informed decision that suits your particular situation.
The significant difference between whole and term life insurance can boil down to the fact that at the end of the day, a term life policy offers only life coverage. Unlike whole life insurance that adds on an investment component. This in turn makes whole life insurance policies much more expensive. This extra cost might make sense if the investments assured rich pay offs. But this is not always the case. Marketed as retirement funds or forced savings, it has to be said that there are several more effective ways to invest your money. Many of these policies come along with commissions and high fees. In comparison, term life policies are inexpensive. And if you are smart enough to purchase your policy when you are young and healthy, the returns far outweigh the modest premiums.

Denise at AccuQuote
Disclaimer: I work for AccuQuote and this is my personal opinion.

Denise,

Thanks for your "unbiased" opinion. Do you hold an insurance license? If so, how long?

Denise ... you are talking to insurance agents here but it read like a website page directed to customers ... you won't last long writing this way ... you may want to be a little more discreet like the other companies on this board ...

Back