Where does an agency owner find sales agents?

Rouse, my question was GENERALLY speaking. What would it accomplish to give all the details to the folks on this thread?! Some, but not all of you are licensed agents, which is fine. Not a slam. Just sayin. Furthermore, I don't imagine many, if any, of you are in Michigan. Like I said, generally speaking, is there some rock I'm not overturning where others have found sales people.

Rouse, my question was GENERALLY speaking. What would it accomplish to give all the details to the folks on this thread?! Some, but not all of you are licensed agents, which is fine. Not a slam. Just sayin. Furthermore, I don't imagine many, if any, of you are in Michigan. Like I said, generally speaking, is there some rock I'm not overturning where others have found sales people.
Who is Alex?

Craigslist?

Can I go back to my first reply? I had 6 years of experience with a certain carrier and applied with a new agent who just bought a book. She advertised a starting salary of $15-$22 per hour and this was during the pandemic when I was RIFFED, so I applied. Our conversation went well and she offered me a position to start immediately.....at 16.50. I asked for $20 because I would need no warm up with her systems. She asked if I wanted to start that day because she had a bunch of things to unpack in her office and clean up work with trash everywhere. I asked if I could drive home and change my clothes since I was in a suit and she agreed. I got home and received a text that she needed to reconsider the offer she made because she wanted someone who wanted more bonus and less salary. she called the next day and withdrew the offer. Be REALISTIC in what you offer anyone you interview and you might get some bites on your line but don't expect people to jump because you pay 100% of the commission on a policy but offer a less than desirable wage for the experience you are trying to hire

With everyone sitting at home collecting fake printed money, it's hard to find good help these days.

This was your initial comment, right?

It's pretty disrespectful of you in your first post to essentially shit on the people you're trying to recruit.

You basically come off like the majority of "manager" wannabes where you insult people and then wonder why no one wants to work for you.

Then, you have people asking what YOUR value is to them... no response.

You shouldn't have employees. Today's market isn't in your favor. There's no reason for anyone to deal with that crap when they can go to McD's or BK and make 20$+ an hour.

Just to put things into perspective, after benefits I was making 100k+ with the State of Michigan (yep, I'm in Michigan.) People, including myself, with over a decade of experience were leaving monthly due to poor leader in our department.

The only way to hire quality people is to make them care. No offense is meant here, but I'm going to be direct. I don't care about you needing employees based on your responses here.

PS: We have a ton of people from MI here. While only maybe a couple of dozen are active, there's a lot of passive looky-lous.

Smart people realize when they come on a public insurance forum that they have an opportunity to pick up passive people and act as a recruiter (I mean, Todd is a perfect example.) Helpful, not super controversial, and when people ask he offers his services.

Just saying.

Last edited:
Travis your many yrs from hitting $100 k . Your going to need 300 sustainable policys on the book . The Med .sup pool is 30% less than 4 yrs ago . To get their your going to need to sell mapd .

Travis, you are a colossal p---k. You don't know me but presume to know so much about me. Amazing. Then important you took time out of your busy and important day to write a long insult. Howl at the moon if you want, but I won't see it. I've put you on ignore.

Travis, you are a colossal p---k. You don't know me but presume to know so much about me. Amazing. Then important you took time out of your busy and important day to write a long insult. Howl at the moon if you want, but I won't see it. I've put you on ignore.

Lol. He has me on ignore, lol. I think he is the only one that does. He can be overly sensitive. I thought your initial post was pretty reasonable.

I gotta ask, what is p---k?

Latest posts

Back