Where to Hold a Stupid One Hour Seminar?!

Insurance companies do not sell insurance to people they think will need it. By the time people think they need LTCi, it is generally too late.

If you can't put up $150 for room rental, how are you filling the room to begin with?

I have had meeting at community centers, senior centers, Retirement Homes, etc. This Thursday Denny's is giving away the Grand Slam breakfast. Perhaps you could hitch a ride on that deal...

Try a local 55+ type active retirement community that is not full. They might give you a meeting room just for the traffic and allowing them to give out sales materials. Plus you could market the seminar to existing residents also.

Denny's --home of the angry waitress.

LTCI will start taking off as more and more Boomers see their parents through the dying process.

Any way you cut it, LTCI is hard to sell, underwriting is a bitch, the paperwork is absurd considering what you are selling, and the commissions are relatively low.

I only do it as a bullet point in annuities seminars as part of the shotgun approach.

I remember reading an article by Larry Klein five, six years ago that due to the low percentage penetration ltc insurance was getting ready to explode.

LTCi never did explode. Larry did.

LOL! :laugh:

Larry Klien? Was that the guy from some marketing company that everyone is looking for? Javelin or something?

LOL! :laugh:

Larry Klien? Was that the guy from some marketing company that everyone is looking for? Javelin or something?

Formerly NFCom, now javelin marketing. Although he won't admit it and the Javelin folks will deny it. Websites and products, though, for the most part excactly the same.

Why are you laughing? Nothing funny about Larry Klein.

What Happened To Larry Klein and NF Communications

But hey, he made tons of dough!

Back