Why 20 a week?

Could also be a few agents from a few IMO’s all in the same area.

That’s everywhere. I’m taking about when an IMO just keeps adding agents on top of agents. Some IMOs just sign agent’s up and don’t even make an attempt to see if they have a lead area open for them.

If you’re doorknocking your leads, not setting appointments, you might try filling spare time with “house next door” (HND) cold knocks. I generally use the “cloverleaf” pattern (left, right, across). Sometimes I take it as far as a “box” pattern (adds in the two houses across diagonally). So what this looks like for me is I do these one at a time when I don’t catch the lead at home:
1st try) knock, no answer, walk out to the left, knock on that neighbor
2nd) walk out to the right
3rd) across
Etc.
Now, if I get in the first house and make a sale, I just move on to the next lead. I don’t hang around in case my continued presence triggers buyer’s remorse. But if I leave without a sale, I go knock all the surrounding doors, unless I have an appointment to get to.

I was thinking about this post when studying on some controversy that arose in another thread.

A statement was made: "if they're alive, they're a prospect".

Which led me to think: And the monkey and shonceman have taught me that even if they're dead, you apply the Mort Utley pony story and figure there is still a prospect in the house.

Which led me to think of your "adjacent prospects" comments. :GEEK:

:idea:

So now, inquiring minds want to know, in older neighborhoods with just the chain link fences, how about walking around the block and calling on the neighbor directly behind the house where the lead was not at home?

:biggrin:

(Thanks in advance for being kind enough to not chew me out too badly for asking the question. I really am interested in your take on it. LD)

I was thinking about this post when studying on some controversy that arose in another thread.

A statement was made: "if they're alive, they're a prospect".

Which led me to think: And the monkey and shonceman have taught me that even if they're dead, you apply the Mort Utley pony story and figure there is still a prospect in the house.

Which led me to think of your "adjacent prospects" comments. :GEEK:

:idea:

So now, inquiring minds want to know, in older neighborhoods with just the chain link fences, how about walking around the block and calling on the neighbor directly behind the house where the lead was not at home?

:biggrin:

(Thanks in advance for being kind enough to not chew me out too badly for asking the question. I really am interested in your take on it. LD)
I’ve never done that, with the exception of out in the country where two or more houses might share the same driveway. Then everybody in front and behind of my prospect would get a knock from me! Not too long ago, I would just knock all the doors in the block on both sides of the street. I suppose I could have extended it to the street behind, too. But since I work mainly inner city, I don’t want to be very far from my car anymore. I stay close for safety’s sake. An older guy walking any distance looks like easy prey for some of these bad actors.

Another point is just about time efficiency. If I’m working a set of leads, I don’t want too spend so much time on cold calls that I don’t have time to work the warm leads effectively. 3-5 extra doors is usually my limit, unless I’ve got some daylight left at the end of the day and I find myself in a relatively safe neighborhood.

Are you saying that being on a higher contract would lower their production????? :skeptical:
It's a cashflow business, people mistake higher commissions with higher production and ROI. It's about putting food on the table not being a over glorified "entrepreneur or business owner"

Back