Why 20 a week?

I have, but it was one of those “shiny things” for me. I might do it again some day, if I can find a couple of good dual eligible MA plans. But I also got away from it because I find the CMMS regs to be kind of burdensome.

Yes, they can be. It has become a little looser in the past few years.

Yes, they can be. It has become a little looser in the past few years.
A close friend of mine is nearly exclusively Medicare, but will write a UHL FE policy if the client asks him about life insurance. We used to work together in a captive home service company, so he’s really familiar with my market. He swears it would be a natural complement to my efforts. So, like I said, a good dual eligible plan or two might nudge me in that direction.

MA and duals are not my market, but I believe duals can switch anytime they want. Seems that could be like carry a bucket of water that leaks.
I think it could be good for my debit clients. They often like having all their stuff with one agent. So if they were to bring their MA under me, they wouldn’t be as likely to change. The negative, though, is that my debit clients are also pretty used to me doing everything for them. So carrying an already service intensive product on the debit could be a real drain on me.

Based on a few of the FE IMO training programs I’ve seen, and seeing videos and posts on it for new agents, I’m just curious as to why 20 leads a week for new agents is the general rule? I went out with my old mentor and knocked 10 in a day and had hours of light to spare. Why not 10-15 a day or like 40-50 a week? Are leads that scarce or what? I mean I’d be willing to drive to wherever the leads are every day however many days possible without having to go back and do paperwork and whatever else. That’s what I would like to do when I get started doing this, of course I’m expecting days where I do nothing but train and study as well. But is that a reality or what?

I'm a little confused, 20 leads weekly should come out to that 40-50 knocks weekly.

I think it could be good for my debit clients. They often like having all their stuff with one agent. So if they were to bring their MA under me, they wouldn’t be as likely to change. The negative, though, is that my debit clients are also pretty used to me doing everything for them. So carrying an already service intensive product on the debit could be a real drain on me.

I will mark you as undecided . . .

MA and duals are not my market, but I believe duals can switch anytime they want. Seems that could be like carry a bucket of water that leaks.

The rules for those receiving Extra Help/LIS changed this year. Instead of having a monthly SEP, they can change once a quarter during the first nine months of the year then during AEP. So, it's not too bad.

I have some Duals and as long as you "sit' on them, meaning you check in on them, most are OK. There are a lot of SNP in my area, but not all of them have all the doctors in the network, so I stress how important that is, and their preferred hospital is in network, too. It's more then them getting to shop from the OTC catalog, etc. Most of the plans are pretty rich, but one or two have really good dental here.

You'll get a few loonies, so just don't pick up the phone after hours.

Back