Why don't IMO's promote referrals?

So I see that you KNOW this is the BEST way. Okay.

As for your comment about me, I've posted on here many times about getting referrals. You want to come at me now like you're coming at everyone else? I wouldn't try that if I were you.
The best way I know how to do it. It makes it fun and also gives the agent a plan to follow. Easy to go do it when you have a list of people (just like you would if you had actual appointments). Without some type of system/plan, the agent would be leaving the house saying "I am going to get referrals today!" But not have a clue where they were going or who they are going to see.

Come at you? You have made two posts in this thread and neither one is helping the OP. Both were attacks towards me, but I am the one coming at people? And if somehow you think that you scare me, you are sadly mistaken.

The best way I know how to do it. It makes it fun and also gives the agent a plan to follow. Easy to go do it when you have a list of people (just like you would if you had actual appointments). Without some type of system/plan, the agent would be leaving the house saying "I am going to get referrals today!" But not have a clue where they were going or who they are going to see.

Come at you? You have made two posts in this thread and neither one is helping the OP. Both were attacks towards me, but I am the one coming at people? And if somehow you think that you scare me, you are sadly mistaken.

Nope, not even remotely trying to scare you. Just telling you that you should think twice. It's up to you though.

By the way, it is begging. I wasn't actually trying to put you down. I just wondered if that really worked.

Someone asked a question and I gave them my advice. That is what the forum is for in my opinion. If the OP doesn't like my advice and does not want to use it, that is fine. If you don't like it and don't want to teach agents to use it, that is fine.

But as to me attacking people, if you search threads, it usually starts just like this. Me or one of my guys giving good advice and someone jumping in with "attacks". I come here to respond to questions and help because I know I have new agents that read here as well. If a new agent sees my posts and decides to call me to contract, that is fine also.

But you seem to be itching to say something or start something with me, so feel free to let it out! Or if it is bothering you that much, my number is 6019387663, feel free to call.

Someone asked a question and I gave them my advice. That is what the forum is for in my opinion. If the OP doesn't like my advice and does not want to use it, that is fine. If you don't like it and don't want to teach agents to use it, that is fine.

But as to me attacking people, if you search threads, it usually starts just like this. Me or one of my guys giving good advice and someone jumping in with "attacks". I come here to respond to questions and help because I know I have new agents that read here as well. If a new agent sees my posts and decides to call me to contract, that is fine also.

But you seem to be itching to say something or start something with me, so feel free to let it out! Or if it is bothering you that much, my number is 6019387663, feel free to call.

No, I pretty much said what I wanted to say. Sorry that you have felt attacked as of late. I recently felt attacked by some saying that you can't be successful at marketing more than one product only to see the very same ones come back and try to promote how it's best to have more than one product in your bag. Pretty hypocritical in my eyes.

Yes we do. You don't have to do it all of the time, but it is useful from time to time.

Just remember to always offer the card for REFERRALS and not for sales. "Give me 10 people to see and for each one I write, I will give you $25!" <--That is the wrong way to do it. You will need to pay a flat rate just for the 10 referrals.

I like to use the cards on slow days. If you have an off day, but you really need some activity, login to your CRM (make sure you always use a CRM when writing apps) and find some existing clients that have good notes on them. I make notes of "mother hens", those are the people in the community that everyone comes by their house, and she knows everyone's business. I also make notes of people that really wanted a higher face amount but decided to go lower just to get comfortable with it.

You get you a list of 5-10 of those clients to see. Go get you some gift cards and go see them. Walk up with a clip board (with referral sheets on it) and the cards. Always check in and see how they have been doing, how is XYZ doing? (your CRM should tell you their dogs name, grand daughter's name that lives with them, etc.)

After some small talk, tell them that your company is putting on a competition and you really want to win it. In order to win, you need more people to give some free quotes to. Tell them about the card and that you will give them a card if they give you X amount of people you could go give free quotes to.

As long as you get creative and stay active in this business, you will do just fine!

There is some good chit in there.

I get some referrals also. Don't do it quite the same but like other parts of this business. Many ways to do what we do. The biggest take aways, IMohsoHO, are take good notes and go back to your book. An agent goes back to their book or someone like me will.

No, I pretty much said what I wanted to say. Sorry that you have felt attacked as of late. I recently felt attacked by some saying that you can't be successful at marketing more than one product only to see the very same ones come back and try to promote how it's best to have more than one product in your bag. Pretty hypocritical in my eyes.
Did I say that? I am seriously asking because I am not sure if I said that or not.

I do agree that new agents should master one thing first before adding. But there is always those exceptions to the rule that could start brand new, pick up 20 different products and be successful with all. When I bring in new agents, I do not even get them in contact with Peter until they have several months of production. Then I call them and ask them if they feel they are comfortable enough to add in another product.

I had always taught agents to carry Equitable or Aetna cancer plans with them. If you can't get a FE deal, always start pitching that. "who do you know that was diagnosed with cancer or even passed away due to cancer?" Then go into it.

If I posted that an agent should only do one product, I did not mean it that way. I do think a new agent out the gate should just focus on one but I teach everyone of them to also build/use a CRM. I tell them that they will want to go back for additional sales, but as long as it is in a CRM, they will not be leaving the money on the table. They will just be going back to get it later.

There is some good chit in there.

I get some referrals also. Don't do it quite the same but like other parts of this business. Many ways to do what we do. The biggest take aways, IMohsoHO, are take good notes and go back to your book. An agent goes back to their book or someone like me will.
I host training calls every week and I am constantly bringing up "going to work your book". If you are having a bad week and need to get some momentum, go see the people that already bought from you (they trust you). Even just talking to an existing client can increase your moral and get your momentum going.

I love using a CRM and using it to get sales. I could go out tomorrow and write 5k just using my CRM.

Strike me if I'm wrong, but I always thought that word-of-mouth sates (i.e. referrals) were the supreme lead with a superior close rate, hence social media, and worth their weight in gold. Is that wrong thinking?

Back