Why Write Americo's Eagle Premier Product?

Rearden

Guru
5000 Post Club
I spent some time reviewing the health questions yesterday, and fail to see the competitive advantage beyond getting prospects with heart events 12-24 months in the past with immediate coverage.

Beyond the convenience of a tele-app, is there really any competitive underwriting reason to write it?

Thanks guys,
Dave

I thought the heart issues was the only thing. Is UPII the product that does immediate benefit for smoking COPDers?

I thought the heart issues was the only thing. Is UPII the product that does immediate benefit for smoking COPDers?

Yes -- I think the new UP product is fantastic.

Americo clearly has someone who writes business consulting them on product improvements (telephone amendment changes, FINALLY combining the addendum payment form for those who do not have a voided check handy), in addition to the underwriting improvements (Day 1 COPD coverage).

I'll probably start writing them more after I review the script knock-outs a little more closely.

eagle was influenced by a call center operation. the original intent was to develop a product whereby 90% of the applicants could qualify for it. Sadly, some *** in the underwriting department isn't familiar with the common health conditions among FE clients (copd is a big one & neuropathy).

At this point, its an extremely niche product that I personally never use outside of someone having a heart attack/stroke greater than a year ago but less than 2 years.

the really really dumb part is that americo discontinued their UP product over the phone because eagle is their telesales product now.

totally and utterly devoid of logic.

eagle was influenced by a call center operation. the original intent was to develop a product whereby 90% of the applicants could qualify for it. Sadly, some *** in the underwriting department isn't familiar with the common health conditions among FE clients (copd is a big one & neuropathy).

At this point, its an extremely niche product that I personally never use outside of someone having a heart attack/stroke greater than a year ago but less than 2 years.

the really really dumb part is that americo discontinued their UP product over the phone because eagle is their telesales product now.

totally and utterly devoid of logic.

Hey Gymguy,

I think you are mistaken about not being able to sell UP over phone/email. we still are, and received confirmation from Americo that it was perfectly okay

Hey Gymguy,

I think you are mistaken about not being able to sell UP over phone/email. we still are, and received confirmation from Americo that it was perfectly okay

wtf. some *** at americo told me that. i am glad to hear i am wrong :)

I have an email that confirms No more UP products can be sold via telesales after July 15th.

I am sure it's one department not talking to another. Go figure.

just called and got off the phone with them. Again, said you are fine using docusign, to complete applications over phone/email.

Again, Americo has always been a company who didn't promote doing business over phone, email etc., but have allowed it.

just called and got off the phone with them. Again, said you are fine using docusign, to complete applications over phone/email. Again, Americo has always been a company who didn't promote doing business over phone, email etc., but have allowed it.

I thought it was only specific IMOs that could do telesales with them?

Back