Will You Write Plans at 0% Commission?

Interesting I didn't read it as biased. A few things in it I thought were misleading or inaccurate, but not the entire piece.

I thought this was a good:

Before the health law, broker commissions could reach into the 20 percent range, but they have steadily decreased. One percent on a policy might equate to $30 a year for a broker who spent a full day helping a client. Their services include evaluating copays, drug formularies and provider lists on new plans, then creating detailed comparisons for each client and following up during the year if a client has a claim issue.

Although I never saw 20% before ACA!

Nice biased article against agent services. Pitiful.

I agree completely, particularly with the accusation that brokers steer their clients to plans the pay the highest compensation regardless of whether it's the best plan for them. While there are dbag agents that do this, professional agents such as most on this forum make sure that clients have the best coverage regardless of anything else.

The whole navigator bs is also ridiculous. The government spends millions and millions of dollars paying navigators to enroll less than 10% of the eligibles; just make compensation standard and use that money for anyone (navigator or broker) that enrolls someone in a plan, it would be a far better use of the money.

- - What fee are you charging?
- - Do you need a certain designation/certification to charge a fee or can any agent charge one?
Here in Texas I understand we can not charge a fee

----------

Yes I'm writing it at no fee,
But I've emailed my clients that didn't get supps or life that they will have to get supps and/or life if they want to meet with me....

Earlier an agent referred to supps as "crap". You sir are an ***

Back