Wireless Headset

Is anyone using this with Cheetah, or another speed dialer?

this is what I roll with....

CT12 2.4GHz Cordless Headset Telephone

ct12.gif

$139.95

Plantronics CT12 2.4 GHz DSS Cordless Headset Telephone (analog, single-line) is an ultra-compact single-line telephone, offering hands-free convenience and comfort. Includes convertible 2 in 1 headset for over-the-head stability or over-the-ear convenience, a noise-canceling microphone for superior sound clarity and Firefly®, the unique in-use indicator light that lets others know you are on the phone.
Product Features:
  • Pocket Size: Ultra-compact remote unit fits in the palm of your hand and features a convenient belt/clothing clip that remains attached even while charging.
  • 2.4GHz Digital Technology: For increased calling range and digital security.
  • Firefly In-use indicator light lets others know you are on the phone.
  • Noise-canceling microphone eliminates background noise.
  • Caller ID Ready/Call Waiting display: On the remote unit, lets you see who's calling.
  • Extended Talk/Standby Time: 5.5 hour continuous talk time and 10 day standby.
but would buy it here......

Invalid Item
Invalid Item
Plantronics CT12 2.4 GHz Cordless Headset Phone CT 12 - eBay (item 270129601876 end time Apr-17-08 13:47:48 PDT)

Is anyone using this with Cheetah, or another speed dialer?

I use the Cheetah, and a separately purchased Plantronics keypad dialer - Plantronics T10 Complete Headset Telephone System - and swap with the included Plantronics headset when needed.

Be advised: the Cheetah Dialer IS a telephone! (NOT a modem). To use another telephone with the Cheetah, put a splitter inline ahead of the Dialer input.

You can't call out with the Plantronics T10 (or any other telephone) using the Cheetah, but you can answer inbounds. All outbound calls using the Cheetah software must go through your PC. Most dialing is done automatically from the programmed dialing list, but you can dial discrete numbers using your mouse to click on the virtual desktop dialer. No other dialer but the one that comes with the Cheetah will work with the Cheetah program, and it does not have keypad.

This is one of my biggest complaints with the Cheetah. I spoke with EVS and they aren't going to make any changes, so I am stuck with it as it is. There is no way to implement a keypad with the Cheetah program.

EVS does not make this clear pre-sales, and I think they should. However, they provide a Plantronics PC headset (no keypad dialer) with their product. There is a button on the Cheetah dialer (the older models) that you can push if you get a call while in the middle of auto dialing to receive inbounds (or hang up), but no keypad to dial out.

The PC headset doesn't open for duplex with another set online, so I have to remove it and put on the T10 headset to use its keypad. (As an alternative, I could use my PC speakers and plug in a mic to the Cheetah Dialer front panel instead of using the PC headset)

Don't think so, that's probably a function of the phone co., but SHE would have it if THEY still had it, I'm sure! Wise lady. Wealthy lady. 80+. Love chatting with her, she is a wealth of historical information experienced firsthand.

Does anyone know of a voip program that will work with an air card? I have a friend who has tried Skype and Vonage with her air card and neither are clear enough to carry on a conversation. I am planning an extended trip ( new grand daughter ) and would like to be able to continue doing business without having to tie up their phone.

I recently bought an AT&T desk phone that is bluetooth compatible so I'm able to use my wireless earpiece from my cellphone. Works great. Paid @ $99 at Fry's Electronics in Southern California. I use it on my cold calls to keep my hands free for typing and note taking. Before, I would plug my wired headphone into the phone jack and that ruined the phone and headphone in a short time.

I recently bought an AT&T desk phone that is bluetooth compatible so I'm able to use my wireless earpiece from my cellphone. Works great. Paid @ $99 at Fry's Electronics in Southern California. I use it on my cold calls to keep my hands free for typing and note taking. Before, I would plug my wired headphone into the phone jack and that ruined the phone and headphone in a short time.

What model did you buy?

I have been looking for that same setup.
The only thing I could come across is using Jabra A210 to plug into headset jack to support bluetooth.

Thanks

Back