Working class Final Expense?

I’ve been door knocking hard a long time now .If you knock in bigger pop areas in 1/2 nice places 50-60% of people have ring bells now . I almost always stay rural . Apt complexes in pop areas have double gates so you can’t follow behind in . But yeah the blue collar working 55-70 yr old the ultimate mkt . Nobody wants the $800 a month ssi and all direct express type client .

I don’t want the DE crowd. Although I will write it. But I would guess 60-70% of my business makes under $1000/mo.

I don’t want the DE crowd. Although I will write it. But I would guess 60-70% of my business makes under $1000/mo.

For me there’s been a big difference between people on ssdi and ssi . I find people who never worked most of their life on ssi a more non loyal customer . Most people on ssi are paid with de cards . Selling a lot of dual mapd I’m seeing a lot of food pressure on low income . Pandemic Food stamps have been cut the last 6 months . Many poor people only getting $60 a month now . So a $150-$200 a month food card big .

Those are good prospects. How do you reach them is the question.

They are not the 1 percenters that send in direct mail responses. They are more likely to seek you out.

So, what’s your brand? When they are seeking what are you doing to make you the one they call?

Who is marketing to those people? How are they doing it?

That is more the market for the TV ads.

Still not reaching the masses. That group has an agent for the most part. I’ve had the same P&C agent for 35 years. If I wasn’t in this business he would be my life agent.

How do you interrupt that relationship?

Those are the questions.
P & C guys often neglect the life side unless a client asks about life insurance. Offer to be their life guy and work their book to find the gold in there.

P & C guys often neglect the life side unless a client asks about life insurance. Offer to be their life guy and work their book to find the gold in there.

I did that for three Allstate agents a very long time ago. There is definitely gold in those files.
However, that hard-working guy has left the building.

However, I agree it is a great idea. If you find the an agent that is willing to open up his files.

Wino, this sounds like a TV lead that you're looking for. You won't get this from a DM vendor. It's all in the ad copy..if you market "state approved burial plans" you're only going to get low income folks, vs. "call in to get a quote on $10,000 to $1,000,000" and you'll get a solid blend of high premium, easy sales. Our agents taking our TV calls are selling $100k-200k term policies all the time, alongside all the FE we sell...bringing our overall average on FE up to $1200-1300 and SI term cases in the $1500+ range. We're even working on a $1m+ annuity...from a FE TV call in...

edit: additionally you'd need to target certain times of day when a worker would be home...

Our agents taking our TV calls are selling $100k-200k term policies all the time, alongside all the FE we sell...bringing our overall average on FE up to $1200-1300 and SI term cases in the $1500+ range. We're even working on a $1m+ annuity...from a FE TV call in...

Awesome.

SITerm - Which companies do you see your people writing mostly?

TV - that does seem more likely than a postcard. Also, TV responders are going to assume telesales.

Thanks

I'd estimate at least 70% of my book is under $1,000. I work a mix of rural and urban. I prefer rural.

Concerning Ring doorbells, a good chunk of my folks have those as well. However, 90% of them are broken. And I ignore the bell anyway. Just knock and don't respond if they try talking through the doorbell.

Latest posts

Back