Worried about Universal healthcare?

I'm looking for universal food. I came back from grocery shopping and it was over $80. I'd like a $10 copay for all the food I can stuff in my cart.

Can't the government give me free food?

Unless the government can find a way to make insurance more profitable for themselves by implementing universal health care, then it won't happen.

Keep selling insurance, build the residual, do not worry!

We don't need universal - we need GI - big difference. In MD if you can be underwritten for auto, fine. However if you can't be underwritten there's MAIF.

Welcome

In some states it doesn't matter how much you have. If group isn't an option and you're uninsurable that's it.

I have said this 100 times a National Risk Pool is the answer, and subsidize with Federal funds, premium tax, etc., etc.,

It is clear the states will eventually (likely under McCain) lose control of Health Insurance. Don't think for a second that a Federal license and selling across state lines is not coming - it is.

And more likely to come with McCain than Obama, since Obama won't get anything done - he is clueless and has no solid message.

Anyone who's been an agent for any decent amount of time know the current system is broke.

Oh - you're insurable? Great - add up 15% average annual rate increase then go 5 years out. Go 10 years out.

Rate increase have very little to do with rising medical costs and everything to do with the effects of underwriting wearing off over time and the carriers wanting a fresh block of underwritten business.

If medical costs really went up 15% annually that means new business premiums for a family of 4 ten years from now would be over $1,000 a month.

It's all kaka

Anyone who's been an agent for any decent amount of time knows the current system is broke.

Oh - you're insurable? Great - add up 15% average annual rate increase then go 5 years out. Go 10 years out.

Rate increases have very little to do with rising medical costs and everything to do with the effects of underwriting wearing off over time and the carriers wanting a fresh block of underwritten business.

If medical costs really went up 15% annually that means new business premiums for a family of 4 ten years from now would be over $1,000 a month.

It's all kaka

I just paid $60 for a visit for my wife. My father and I were discussing it and he told me around 30 years ago he'd pay around $20.

Rising medical costs huh

Latest posts

Back