Worried about Universal healthcare?

The biggest issue is Americans fail to understand the concept of inflation. In 1981 Gasoline adjusted for inflation was around $3.50/gallon. This latest gas frenzy really upset me because I didn't see anyone change their lifestyle, they just complained how high gas was.

Gas is falling FAST - we will be under $100/barrel in no time, however it takes a while to trickle to the pump. You don't hear much on the news about gas prices falling - it is all negative.

There are a lot of items that are dirt cheap now - such as computers. You can get a half way descent laptop for $500 to $700 on sale - try that in 1985, not happening.

Even cars - 30X more reliable and safe then 20 years ago. What does a new Camry start at $16k? Maybe. That is a steal compared to the crap cars of 20 years ago.

People can afford health insurance (in general) they just choose not to buy it, and for good reason when the government will reward your irresponsibility anyhow.

People can afford health insurance (in general) they just choose not to buy it, and for good reason when the government will reward your irresponsibility anyhow.

Very true, many people choose to do other things with their money. They have enough for Lotto tickets, UFC championship tix and Nascar but health insurance, who needs that?

No I am not.

All I have to do is look at the current state of Medicaid Medicare. Recently there was a bill on Medicare that was going to reduce what doc. could charge by another 10%.
I think this was turned down?
Anyways the Doc. all stated they would not be able to treat patients at a profit with that deep of discount.

Our current system can be fixed. There would just have to be big changes.

No I am not.

All I have to do is look at the current state of Medicaid Medicare. Recently there was a bill on Medicare that was going to reduce what doc. could charge by another 10%.
I think this was turned down?
Anyways the Doc. all stated they would not be able to treat patients at a profit with that deep of discount.

Our current system can be fixed. There would just have to be big changes.

Actually, it was simply delayed for 18 months. In Jan 2010, there is an automatic 21% reduction (including the 10.6% they just delayed) unless Congress prints more money to pay for it.

Rick

Actually, it was simply delayed for 18 months. In Jan 2010, there is an automatic 21% reduction (including the 10.6% they just delayed) unless Congress prints more money to pay for it.

Rick

21% is a huge discount. There is no way a small practice will be able to invest in new technology with those discounts.
Maybe that will help lower the cost for new medical technology.

21% discount tells me that the Docs will not be taking on any new medicare patients. Medicare people will wait months to see a doc.

We need to change how we pay the docs. I think we should have pay determined by quality of care.

Back