Would This Guy Qualify For A GUL?

Rearden

Guru
5000 Post Club
In my infinite ignorance of GUL products...

I have...

63, cigarillo smoker, male.

Height and weight are not a concern.

5-bypass in 2007, is diabetic.

Takes digoxin (doesn't have a-fib), takes coreg (doesn't have CHF), takes metformin, and pravastatin.

Lost his left foot from the ankle down in a motorcycle wreck several years ago.

Reason I'm asking is he has $85,000.00 in SIWL all taken out within the last 2 years. Goal is to leave money to his family members.

What do you guys think? Is there even a possibility?

I have...

Height and weight are not a concern.

5-bypass in 2007, is diabetic.

Takes digoxin (doesn't have a-fib), takes coreg (doesn't have CHF), takes metformin, and pravastatin.

Lost his left foot from the ankle down in a motorcycle wreck several years ago.

Reason I'm asking is he has $85,000.00 in SIWL all taken out within the last 2 years. Goal is to leave money to his family members.

When you say "is diabetic" you always need to tell us if he takes insulin and what age he started. It makes a huge difference.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
When you say "is diabetic" you always need to tell us if he takes insulin and what age he started. It makes a huge difference.

Oops! I see the Metformin now.

I would write it on GUL or RNA Essential. He will be tabled up for sure but there is a chance you will beat what he has.

Last edited:

5-bypass in 2007
is diabetic.

the CAD while severe, his age saves him. Assume last workup good, 2 tables, but additional 2 for continued tobacco - 4 tables
DMII, metformin, assume "average" A1c for a diabetic, 2 tables, but combo CAD 1 more table - 3 tables

Likely offer will be about T-7(G) +275% all subject to reacent cardiac testing, medical record review, current blood sugar control.
(Of course, different companies use different manuals, trate different tobacco differently, ect...)

The foot was an accident, unless there is diabetic complications to healing, a non-issue.

CAD and diabetes don't play well together, the sum is greater than the parts because they both feed off each other. And both are complicated by nicotine, which makes them worse. I think you can get an offer, but he is close to the edge. The Devil will be in the details of those medical records.

Well since he has coverage now, you can always try to improve his situation. I think the odds are against you the cost differences just from aging in his 60's is going to work against you. But ya never known.

Shop it and see what happens. Be aware that when dealing with table ratings, Banner uses std plus rather than stad, can make a large difference.

Back