• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Yet another CRM thread

Beats paying rent and I can be to work in 20 seconds - lol
Just buy your insurance warehouse off-site. Your neighbors will thank you (and you'll be thankful too...)

I know quite a few people that run businesses out of their homes. The only ones that get flak are ones that have customers or employees coming to their homes. FWIW.

All the CRMs are pretty much resellers of HighLevel. Just sign up directly with them and buy a snapshot and load it into your system. It's cheaper and you can do much more

Having a looked at a bunch, we just pulled the trigger on Agency Bloc. There were 4 primary reasons:
1. The commission reconciliation. It's an extra $100/month, but the work wife spends about 15 hours a month on this and it's worth it
2. As we add downline agents in 2023 (OH SHIT), they will be required to buy it at $29/month, which means I can keep everything in house. I think. I really don't know how I am going to do it, yet.
3. Most importantly was the email ability. We are sending out to more than 800 people in September, with 9 people for every BCC, to get through spam filters

It's going to cost me about $1500 to get the data migration done from Capsule to Bloc, but I have got to fix the email issue.

But if I didn't care about the email? I would be staying with Capsule at $25/month

KG, how do you think the comp reconciliation would work for a life/annuity agent?

Are you able to upload pdf docs to reconcile comp? Or does it only take CSV/XLS?

It seems to be very health insurance focused from the previews I have seen. So I am curious how well it would work for a life/annuity agent?

KG, how do you think the comp reconciliation would work for a life/annuity agent?

Are you able to upload pdf docs to reconcile comp? Or does it only take CSV/XLS?

It seems to be very health insurance focused from the previews I have seen. So I am curious how well it would work for a life/annuity agent?

I don't do life or annuity, so no clue. Based on what I saw, it looked pretty health-centric. On the other hand, the demo call was stellar. Its probably worth the 45 minutes to go through the demo and find out if it will work for you.

On the comp, I am uploaded a PDF and they have to figure it out. That's why they are getting $100/extra month. :)

I don't do life or annuity, so no clue. Based on what I saw, it looked pretty health-centric. On the other hand, the demo call was stellar. Its probably worth the 45 minutes to go through the demo and find out if it will work for you.

On the comp, I am uploaded a PDF and they have to figure it out. That's why they are getting $100/extra month. :)

Thanks for your thoughts. I will set up the demo and give it a try.

Life comp is very hard to track with having target premiums, 1035 premium, paid premium, excess premium, etc. I just had one with a 1035 that pays me up to target annually, but then the amount over target from the 1035 is excess and the monthly premiums are considered excess since they are over target. No good way to account for that without a lot of manual entry on a spreadsheet.

Then DI comp can be hard with renewal comp %s that can vary based on product year to year. etc.

Health is easy compared to life and di.

You adding loa agents ?I bet 80% of agents in business 5 yrs or more recruit . . It’s the only way to get to $500 k or more yr in yr out and not have to kill yourself .You must duplicate your skills
I don't.... Haven't done so in years................ But I am thinking about it! :wideeyed:

Thanks for your thoughts. I will set up the demo and give it a try.

Life comp is very hard to track with having target premiums, 1035 premium, paid premium, excess premium, etc. I just had one with a 1035 that pays me up to target annually, but then the amount over target from the 1035 is excess and the monthly premiums are considered excess since they are over target. No good way to account for that without a lot of manual entry on a spreadsheet.

Then DI comp can be hard with renewal comp %s that can vary based on product year to year. etc.

Health is easy compared to life and di.

That's why I stopped doing it in year 3.

All these people tracking commissions with software . You find many mistakes ? From what I’ve read over the yrs . Mistakes are rare .

Yeah, I used to try and do it it was more work than the very few mistakes I caught and that was years ago when they probably had someone named Madge putting it in a ledger with a #2 pencil.

To add to your list, A UL that pays a rolling target. So maybe first-year comp for 15 and a half months.

Back