YMCA leaving Silver Sneakers 1/1/2025

Wow. I am curious as to why. The most obvious answer is money, guessing silver sneakers doesnt pay the full membership price, and likely isnt adjusting for inflation.

This is a win for UHC Renew Active.

I dont remember what carrier rep I talked to about it, about getting the silver sneakers as a medigap incentive, and she said NO they require a HUGE fee and we dont have enough beneficiaries to do it

Each YMCA seems to run their own way so imagine it’s still just up to each one to accept SS or not. Ours has many SS classes and advertises them. The director told me they get a small payment when someone scans their card each time. For the ones who don’t go they don’t get anything which they wouldn’t if they didn’t accept SS either bc they aren’t members.

Just got word from my upline that Silver Sneakers will be losing YMCA from their network on 1/1/2025! Press release should be going out shortly.

My local Y hasn’t ever been part of Silver Sneakers. My wife used to be on the board. We were at a dinner with the director and other board members. I decided to ask the director why. He said he’d have to hire another person just to manage it and it would be a loss.

Ironically, they have been part of UHC’s Renew Active for a few years now.

Just got word from my upline that Silver Sneakers will be losing YMCA from their network on 1/1/2025! Press release should be going out shortly.
This is hard to believe, and there’s no press release. YMCA is the most utilized SS provider in many very large markets. Sounds like you heard a rumor about a market, not the entire country.

Latest posts

Back