2006 complaint ratios

Most of the agents that I know use UA as a better then nothing insurance policy. So, if most of the people are aware of that, I can see why the complaint ratio would be low. They are just happy to have some type of insurance.

Most of the agents that I know use UA as a better then nothing insurance policy. So, if most of the people are aware of that, I can see why the complaint ratio would be low. They are just happy to have some type of insurance.

And that's fair...if they're aware of it. I'm not saying it's a wise purchase, but simply saying it's fair. I know at NASE, I was definitely taught to deceive, although on the old forum I remember one guy describing his training and it seemed to be much more ethical than what I went through.

I know a lot has changed with UGA training. They no long teach that it's group coverage and eveyone else is individual and no longer teach that other carriers will rate increase/cancel due to claims. Mega also has a verification deparment making spot checks that goes over the limitations of the plan. This has put an end to the more unethical reps they use to have.

BX is listed by state since each plan operates independently of the other, regardless of parentage.

In GA you type in BCBS and get 2 results. One for the HMO, the other for the health carrier.

The 2006 individual ratio for the health carrier is 0.21

I doubt you will find much, if anything on Aetna since they only re-entered the individual market about 2 years ago. They are not in every state, and, at least in GA, only in a handful of counties.

Give them a few more years.

John in order to find BCBS on NAIC I believe you need to to use Health Care Service Corporation NAIC # 78611.......Below is a little more information and it references the BCBS website.

HCSC INS SERVICES CO PROFILE FOR 2006

spacer.gif
NAIC Company Code: 78611 Group Code: 917 State of Domicile: Illinois Group Name: HCSC GRP Business Type: Life/Accident/Health FEIN: 73-1350270 Assets: $122,795,458 Net Premiums Earned: $347,485,691 Liabilites: $45,383,729 Capital and Surplus: $77,411,729 Liquid Assets & Receivables to Current Liabilites: 241.5 Combined Ratio: 98.4 Medical Loss Ratio: 82.1 Policyholder Contact: Address: Chicago, IL 60601-5099 Telephone: 312-653-7934- Web: http://www.bcbsil.com

In Pennsylvania there are four Blue Cross Associations and one Blue Shield; however, the rumor is that on Wednesday there may be a merger between the two largest----Highmark and Independence Blue Cross.:)

IMHO couldn't the amount of business written by an insurer have some influence on the amount of complaints filed? In other words, the more business written the greater the exposure to claims (justified or not).

Back