2006 complaint ratios

Actually, that is a myth (about the cost)

I showed a hub & wife a PPO Value (Aetna) for about $20 less than what they pay for UA. He is a type II diabetic that Aetna pre-screen has indicated might be a C rate. She is in good health.

Mostly observation.

BX writes more business than anyone yet traditionally has one of the lowest complaint ratio's. Perhaps folks like getting screwed, or figure it really doesn't matter as long as it is a carrier everyone knows.

When I look at carriers in GA, the ones with the highest complaint ratio's are mostly the marginal carriers.

Of course one can conjecture that a carrier with a small premium base is more likely to squeeze claims than one with a large base. The big guys will play hardball but are much quicker to give in with a little pushing. Smaller carriers have much more to lose and have to stand their ground on claim denial.

I know a lot has changed with UGA training. They no long teach that it's group coverage and eveyone else is individual and no longer teach that other carriers will rate increase/cancel due to claims. Mega also has a verification deparment making spot checks that goes over the limitations of the plan. This has put an end to the more unethical reps they use to have.

I heard the guy that recruited me moved on to another company. His sales pitch probably wasn't compliant anymore.

Back