AARP Branded Med Supps

I third what insgal and tins said. They are quick and pay like clockwork

They are not the cheapest plan out here, but it is hard to argue against a 4% rate increase as compared to 15 or 20% on some plans. Their Select F out here is a great value as well as long as you are close to one of their Select hospitals. As for commissions, I have never had an issue.

I third what insgal and tins said. They are quick and pay like clockwork

Good to know when I start selling as I'm going to do "as earned" to build up faster residuals as opposed to advanced payments (not even sure they advance med supp premiums?)

Good to know when I start selling as I'm going to do "as earned" to build up faster residuals as opposed to advanced payments (not even sure they advance med supp premiums?)

If I had the $ when I first started I would have done as earned. I get advanced 9 months so its only about $168 advanced. I should find out if I can switch to as earned now

Chazm, can you provide an example of how as earned is a benefit? I've seen posts in the past on this but never really researched pros/cons. Recently got paid on my first aarp policy btw. Woohoo

Chazm, can you provide an example of how as earned is a benefit? I've seen posts in the past on this but never really researched pros/cons. Recently got paid on my first aarp policy btw. Woohoo

The main advantage is residual income up front ... So every month following policies written you get commission based on whoever the contract is through's schedule... For ex- commish is $300 / yr ... You woul get ~ $25 / month commission if you do as earned... 9 month advance would pay $225 and then you would have to wait till 10th month to get your first $25 check ...

You just build residual monthly income faster if you do "as earned" or "as premium is paid" because every time a payment is made ... You get paid every month for each policy you write

The main advantage is residual income up front ... So every month following policies written you get commission based on whoever the contract is through's schedule... For ex- commish is $300 / yr ... You woul get ~ $25 / month commission if you do as earned... 9 month advance would pay $225 and then you would have to wait till 10th month to get your first $25 check ...

You just build residual monthly income faster if you do "as earned" or "as premium is paid" because every time a payment is made ... You get paid every month for each policy you write

Except there is no such thing as residual income in insurance. This is not the music or movie business.

There is renewal income. I prefer to be as earned on all business, life and med sups but many take advances on life as it's an interest free loan. In the med sup business most companies charge interest on the advance so it's better to not take them.

But you don't really build renewals any faster with as earned or advances. The income is the same whether you take out a loan or not.

As far selling AARP brand we all have our lines that we don't cross. For life I don't a company that's not A rated. In the medicare arena I will not sell AARP or Humana products.

Except there is no such thing as residual income in insurance. This is not the music or movie business.

There is renewal income. I prefer to be as earned on all business, life and med sups but many take advances on life as it's an interest free loan. In the med sup business most companies charge interest on the advance so it's better to not take them.

But you don't really build renewals any faster with as earned or advances. The income is the same whether you take out a loan or not.

As far selling AARP brand we all have our lines that we don't cross. For life I don't a company that's not A rated. In the medicare arena I will not sell AARP or Humana products.

Your wrong it is called residual income you ****

Back