AARP monitoring lunch seminars

I've noticed that insurance companies are scheduling their agent seminars around snack time. Cheap bastards don't want to pay for lunch!

Rick

Of course, AARP partners with UHC and heavily advertises their MA and Supplement plans. I wonder if they'll be attending any of those seminars.

Har har.

:confused:

Of course, AARP partners with UHC and heavily advertises their MA and Supplement plans. I wonder if they'll be attending any of those seminars.

Har har.

:confused:

They probably will. AARP's advocacy division and their product sales division both do their own thing. Their lobbyists go to Congress to try to cut funding for MA's while the sales group promotes them bigtime.

AARP is a shlock outfit and so is UHC. It's about that time of the year where UHC starts to talk about their broken computer systems that they are "working on" and their back office support that knows nothing or is flat out wrong because "they are going through growing pains and making improvements." These improvements of course will not occur during the selling season.

Not for me this year but for you guys who have started certification with them, tell me I am wrong.

Winter

They probably will. AARP's advocacy division and their product sales division both do their own thing. Their lobbyists go to Congress to try to cut funding for MA's while the sales group promotes them bigtime.

AARP is a shlock outfit and so is UHC. It's about that time of the year where UHC starts to talk about their broken computer systems that they are "working on" and their back office support that knows nothing or is flat out wrong because "they are going through growing pains and making improvements." These improvements of course will not occur during the selling season.

Not for me this year but for you guys who have started certification with them, tell me I am wrong.

Winter

You are exactly right. I started trying to do my recertification with them and am having phamtom computer problems that they are "working on".

AARP is a garbage company and so is UHC. I gave up on the re-certification and just won't write anything for them anymore. I'm sure I won't miss the headaches.

Trust me, they won't care. They'll just hire more internals to take any "leads" away from you in their stupid system, anyway. Oops! The "system" must have done a sweep that we didn't know about!!! Liars!

What a great marketing tool. Have seniors come to someone elses dinner/lunch seminar on the auspices of doing "volunteer" work, then call them about AARP products when they send the "checklist" in.

I think I'll do the same thing w/my clients. Send them out to the time share weekends and have them fill out a checklist for me. When they get back, I'll sell them a tent.

Back