AARP Secure Horizons

I just received the same phone call. They said the info was going to be mailed out on the 27th.

This whole thing is a cluster, ah, mess. CMS must love feeling that they have us on a string like a bunch of puppets.

This business is really starting to suck. FMO's and the IMO's are treating us like "captive agents" and not letting us move when they start screwing us over.

CMS is telling us that we "only have 24 hours" to sell a years worth of policies. How in the hell do they expect us to do a diligent job of spending the time necessary with each prospect to insure that we are helping them make an intelligent decision. It can't be done in the few months they give us. It's no wonder that there are agents who "slam" prospects into a PFFS plan.

I don't believe that the different PFFS plans are simple and easy enough to understand that the average senior can simply look at them and make an intelligent, well informed decision without the help of an agent.

Just like Med Supp policies. Left on their own to make a decision, a senior is automatically going to pick Plan F and not understand, from reading the info, without the help of an agent that there may be a better policy for them.

Insurance companies should not accept an application unless an agent has met with the person applying either by phone or in person. That comment is directed specifically at AARP and others who will take an application by mail from the prospect.

That's assuming that all agents are going to have and take the time to work in the best interest of the prospect and not just the amount of commission they make. (That knocks the hell out of that idea. LOL)

Elect me King and I will get this screwed up system fixed. :D

Frank, I couldn't have said it better myself. I too got the call this morning.

I am just dismayed with everything and for the most part, I feel really bad and sorry for the seniors. All of this is upsurd!

Everything you mentioned from the FMO/IMO to CMS and how this is all orchestrated and delegated makes absolutely no sense other than it is truly all about the $$$$$$ .

Everyone re-read what Policy Doc wrote: She's right on the nose.

I can tell you I am very motivated at the moment. :nah:

Polic Doc is a girl? I did not know that. I guess you learn something new everyday.

I do not understand the short selling period either. I would hate to be these captive agents that only have products to sell for 3 months out of the year. They are kind of like teachers. They have to get a prt time job during the summer months. :D

Gives a person insight as to what Universal Healthcare would be like. Sure, let the Gov. run the show - can you imagine the nightmare?

The average person under 65 has no idea of the cluster that is happening in the senior market.

I said it once before and I will say it again, "Where is Jimmy Hoffa when you need him?" I do not work the senior market but from the information you folks present, it sounds like the IMO/FMO's are abusing agents. Makes a strong case for a united agent/broker union to stand up against them. I usually don't support unions because they have outlived the original purpose which was to stop company abuse of the employee - but this is exactly what I see happening.

I do alot more work on these plans then I ever did on the Medicare Supplement. Between getting the credible coverage letters, incorrect social security deductions, etc. And the renewals are atrocious. I don't mind servicing and taking care of my cients but it's alot more work for a lot less money.

Good point about the short time they give us to enroll our clients. Not to mention they put it right in between the two biggest holidays of the year, Thanksgiving and Christmas! That makes it even harder.

Well, I just had an interview with corp United Health Care about being captive with them.

They are coming to the KC market with a HMO. They are not sure if they are going to use the AARP branding yet, or what other products they are going to sell.

They told me they were using 3 outlets for sales, captive agents, telesales, and FMO's. This is their first run in the market and are only looking for 3 agents at this point. Should be interesting...

I can tell you that they rely heavily on branding and not so much in benefits. I do not know if I really agree with that, since I am on the sales side of it.

Gives a person insight as to what Universal Healthcare would be like. Sure, let the Gov. run the show - can you imagine the nightmare?

The average person under 65 has no idea of the cluster that is happening in the senior market.

I said it once before and I will say it again, "Where is Jimmy Hoffa when you need him?" I do not work the senior market but from the information you folks present, it sounds like the IMO/FMO's are abusing agents. Makes a strong case for a united agent/broker union to stand up against them. I usually don't support unions because they have outlived the original purpose which was to stop company abuse of the employee - but this is exactly what I see happening.

Fortunately I only have one IMO, FMO, or FUA, what ever they are called, to deal with and he is a super guy. (Thanks Anthony) The rest of my contracts are direct with the insurance companies. In general though this system is the biggest rip off I have ever seen. The bottom feeders of the group, not all of them, are the slimmest I have seen in a long time, and I'm holding back.

They are cheating agents out of a fair commission promising leads, training, support, giving them nothing and taking a lions share of the commission. It amounts to legally stealing from agents who work their b... off for practically nothing in commission. (Compaired to what they get for doing nothing.)

There is a way to stop it but independent agents are going to have to "get a set" to make it happen.

All we have to do is demand to be released immediately if we are not happy, demand a fair % of commission in relationship to what they are receiving and if they are not willing to do that then refuse to license with them and or sell their products. Want to take any bets on how many agents are willing to do that?

There are marketing organizations that treat agents like real people. We should support them and tell the rest to kiss our ass.

Back