ACA ObamaCare 2018 - Rules, Premiums, Info, Etc.

Based on:

STM not being extended
Navigator Funding Slashed
CSR games
Support for Graham/Cassidy

I think you guys are DREAMING if you think the current administration is going to do anything to help ACA succeed.

Not removing the STM limitation IS helping the ACA, KGMom. HHS Secretary Tom Price must be drinking out of the bottle that Sebelius and Burwell left in the desk.

Kind of nice to know. Some of us work 24/7, not just a 9-5 navigator.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business...now-2017-2018-open-enrollment-onhealthcaregov

1. The penalty is still in force, IRS updated website 9/21

https://www.irs.gov/affordable-care...es/individual-shared-responsibility-provision

2. PLAN FOR HC.GOV OUTAGES

Navigators and other staff whose role is to help people sign up for marketplace health plans were told Friday by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to expect healthcare.gov to be down during the following open enrollment time-frames.

On Wednesday, Nov. 1-- the day open enrollment begins-- there will be an "overnight outage" Every Sunday between Nov. 5 and Dec. 3, the website will be down for twelve hours, from midnight to noon EST.

3. A LAPSE CAN COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU
Insurers can ask for back-premiums if you let a policy lapse in 2017, Pollitz noted.
For example, if you stopped making monthly payments in June for a policy that ran through the end of December, but never called the insurer to cancel, they may refuse to offer you a new plan.
"They can assume that’s bad debt," Pollitz said, "and ask you to pay back the premiums for the months they think you owe.

Too bad there aren't any texas agents on the forum.

They have their ways . . .

irs-torture.jpg

I've seen recently the "Pay your Premium" button when clicked now often goes to an error 404 page. This has happened to me a few times recently on SEP sales on healthcare.gov and I've notified the carrier each time. The carrier responds "we are aware of the problem, but there is nothing we can do about it".

I've always used the payment option at healthcare.gov to bind coverage on new sales as usually these clients will not show up in the broker portals on the individual carriers until the premium is paid.

Is anyone else having this issue? I'm just wondering if this is an issue in my region (Wisconsin) or if this is a national issue.

Back