ACA ObamaCare 2018 - Rules, Premiums, Info, Etc.

I'm wondering whether people will still be able to ride a 3 month grace period. One person I know will have access to Medicare in Sept & was planning on only paying ACA premium through June.

We have a problem.

Could they not before? Have insurers not been filing the corresponding documents with the feds so far?

Before January 2017, there was no computer system set up to match the hundreds of millions of people with health insurance. Required connecting the VA system, Medicare System, Medicaid System, Government Employees system, Employer Group files and Individual health files. Huge job.

At least that's what I remember reading earlier this year. With President Trump and Tom Price in charge, it may not be any better now.

In fact, I read that people can leave the line blank on their IRS form 1040 that asks if they had Minimum Essential Coverage for 2017. That was Trump's 1st executive order on 1.20.2017.

See "IRS Relaxes Approach to the Mandate" at: https://www.healthforcalifornia.com/irs-making-changes-to-relax-aca-rules

----------

BTW..have any 2018 commission rates been divulged yet?

I find it illogical that they would pay anything, considering that ObamaCare business is supposedly, bad business.

Also, half of the country only has 1 health insurance company.
See "current snapshot" at: https://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Programs-...-Health-Insurance-Exchange-Coverage-Maps.html

Before January 2017, there was no computer system set up to match the hundreds of millions of people with health insurance. Required connecting the VA system, Medicare System, Medicaid System, Government Employees system, Employer Group files and Individual health files. Huge job.

At least that's what I remember reading earlier this year. With President Trump and Tom Price in charge, it may not be any better now.

In fact, I read that people can leave the line blank on their IRS form 1040 that asks if they had Minimum Essential Coverage for 2017. That was Trump's 1st executive order on 1.20.2017.

See "IRS Relaxes Approach to the Mandate" at: https://www.healthforcalifornia.com/irs-making-changes-to-relax-aca-rules

----------

BTW..have any 2018 commission rates been divulged yet?

I find it illogical that they would pay anything, considering that ObamaCare business is supposedly, bad business.

Also, half of the country only has 1 health insurance company.
See "current snapshot" at: https://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Programs-...-Health-Insurance-Exchange-Coverage-Maps.html

Window shopping October 15th

What is the good new from today:" Administration officials announced earlier this month major cuts to the “navigator” program, which provides funding to community groups that guide people through the complex task of signing up for health insurance through the online marketplaces. Some groups are losing more than 90 percent of their budgets.

The cuts have forced many groups to lay off workers just before open enrollment begins and limit areas they serve."
Kaiser Foundation

Farm Bureau's individual plans underwritten by UHC are technically association plans. They're a good option for those who can pass and are over the subsidy level.

FB pulled out of ACA but have had underwritten individual plans for years. An agent said that FB left BCBST because BC wasn't going to rent he networks to another carrier with rates lower than BC rates.

FB agents are captive, don't know anything about medical and aren't paid commissions.

No... not cut out... So Allen, Association plans are sort of knows as piece of crap limited plans or other goofy crap... why do you get an insurance boner to sell these?

As Junkman sort of alluded to, Association Plans are just health insurance plans that are sold under the legal umbrella of an Association.

Before the ACA eventually outlawed them, Independence Holding Company aka "IHC Health Solutions" (Contact Us ) sold high-quality health insurance plans under the "Communicating for America" association (See last page at: https://www.coloradohealthinsurancebrokers.com/iac/iac_brochure.pdf ).

There was an addendum page to the health insurance application where the applicant signed, stating that he/she was becoming a member of Communicating for America. In Illinois, that association enabled the health insurance plans shown in the above brochure to be purchased. The applicant paid $9.95 a month to belong to this association.

U.S. Health Group operated the same way. I don't recall the name of their affiliated association however.

Senator Rand Paul began working with President Trump and Tom Price (HHS), several weeks ago, to develop legal wording for an Executive Order that will allow "Waiving" Associations from ACA rules, just like Health Sharing Ministries are.

President Trump calls it "selling across state lines". (Too bad no-one has told him that's a FAKE concept. Especially with ObamaHell in all 50.)

While reading this news article, think "association", when seeing the across state line jargon.

Here Ya Go Tater: Trump preparing executive order to let Americans purchase health insurance across state lines

When liberals learn of this, they will go ballistic.. "Trump is now stealing all the healthy people from ObamaCare risk pools!!!!"
:laugh:

Latest posts

Back