Aetna plans dropped . As expected not good

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
They don’t even have the courage to show dsnp food card amount . 7 days $380 a day in hospital on regular plan . Food card $10 a month . Can buy a box of crackers

They don’t even have the courage to show dsnp food card amount . 7 days $380 a day in hospital on regular plan . Food card $10 a month . Can buy a box of crackers
I looked at their plans in southern Alabama. They are bad.

Panhandle of Florida they are better.

Dude, you have to look at the entire country. Quit cherry picking markets. It’s not a great story but they didn’t gut nearly as much in all areas. Aside from the free golf clubs.

So in some markets, no bueno. In other markets, not that bad all things considered.

They actually increased the number of plans with food cards (something is better than nothing) and a lot of the value plus plans have massive increases in food cards (I saw some with $300 a quarter) obviously this is area specific but of course that doesn't fit the narrative being pushed.

I see in florida they don't mention Premier PPO in the first look.I wonder if that is being termed or being crosswalked in to the Explorer Premier PPO?

they showed the food card in MI 190 dollars now currently 220, listed drug plan at 28.50

Cigna is looking great in FL. Medical and dental benefits are exactly the same next year. No DED on drugs but the brand name copays did go up.

They actually increased the number of plans with food cards (something is better than nothing) and a lot of the value plus plans have massive increases in food cards (I saw some with $300 a quarter) obviously this is area specific but of course that doesn't fit the narrative being pushed.
Agents like Don don’t actually understand how plan economics work. Namely how full capitation provider deals can change everything in a market. The providers call the shots because Aetna takes very little financial risk in many markets. But I promise you he has no grasp of how money is really distributed with part D or anything more than high level knowledge of risk adjustment.and he’s never built a bid or been in the room where bids are built.

Cigna looks awesome . Medicare waa I know exactly how bids and how plan economics work . Every area different . Humana dog shit in this area and great there . If a carrier wants to take mkt share they poor it on . To be honest I don’t give 2 shits about how things are arrived at . I only care can I sell it !!!

Last edited:
Back