Alternative to AARP New York Life?

While I am not an FE agent, which I have been told many times. I write a little SIWL. My $100+ a month premiums stick much more the few $20. Premiums I might sell.

Had a manager back in the debit days that had this theory when someone was difficult to collect and about to lapse all the time. "Sell them some more. They aren't paying enough to be proud of it" Amazing how often that seemed to work. :yes:

Hundo = Hundred! Sorry for talking like a young 20 something year old on here. OH WAIT I am only 22.

I knew what you meant, just giving you a bit of sh*t.:laugh:

----------

Hundo = premium yum yum

You scare me!:swoon:

I can't remember the name of the FMO that used that term, but I'd never want to be anywhere near them.......CREEPY!:wacko:

While I am not an FE agent, which I have been told many times. I write a little SIWL. My $100+ a month premiums stick much more the few $20. Premiums I might sell.

For sure there! Had a high maintenance client call to have her ownership changed. I've already been to the house 4-5 times. Went to Trans' site to get the policy number and she lapsed in January.

Though, I remember reading people write the same thing a few months in to the FE business and I took from that, that I shouldn't write these people at all.

Big mistake! As a previous poster mentioned, you will write small ones AND big ones. They should average out at $50+.

I think the OP needs to get with an upline that can teach him a presentation. The "why" they sent the card in is the most important part of the puzzle. Once you have that, you can keep reiterating it throughout your presentation.

You also need to, at some point, teach them the difference between whole and term. Come off as an advisor, not a salesman.

If their reason for sending the card in/buying life insurance is so their kids don't have to pay for it, ask about their kids. You could even get their name.

Once you're done explaining the difference of term and whole you could say something to this effect: "Now Mildred, this is why we only recommend whole life insurance. You want that money to be their for Shirley when you pass."

I always add this statement about term in my presentation: "Less than 2% of term policies pay out. Folks either outlive the policy or it gets to the point they can't afford it. That's why AARP can offer slightly lower premiums. Because they know that they will never have to pay anything out on 98% of the people that get a policy with them."

Also, if they already have an AARP or Globe policy, it's of the upmost importance that you either get their policy or call in to the company to find out what premium increases will be. They will not take your word for it. And with AARP, they usually don't show age 75s increase so you should call in anyway.

Had a manager back in the debit days that had this theory when someone was difficult to collect and about to lapse all the time. "Sell them some more. They aren't paying enough to be proud of it" Amazing how often that seemed to work. :yes:

So funny. Everyone at the debit company I was with believed this. But of course since they are broke they would write them new policy and pay it themselves. Then hope the client paid next month since it was more "valuable". Just another shady technique they used.

Back