Am I a Jerk for This?

I think someone who would go back and rub it in the merchant's face is a loser and not a professional.

It's called balls...grow some!

I was the guys customer for 7 years. The least he can do is listen to what I had
to say. How much is a repeat customer worth to you?

The pfs guy was a former employee.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ya, thats being a jerk.

So what happens if you dont write your friends? Do You do away with them?

It took me 6 years to write my mom, should I have written her off since she wasnt supporting me?

yes you should get a new mom...JK LOL
By the way...I only told him about it because he was a jerk when I was in his business trying to talk to him AND I was about to spend money at his store. It felt really good to tell him HEY you haven't been seeing me here because I take my business down the road and since your being a jerk I won't be back. It was his tone. When I asked "any good movies you have seen lately?" He says "movies are stupid, I don't watch them". I say "your in the wrong business then". I said that would be like me saying insurance is stupid. He flips me off...That's when I asked about his insurance because I wanted to "flip him off" without flipping him off.

It felt great. It was like saying hey f**k you TOO.

Last edited:

I was the guys customer for 7 years. The least he can do is listen to what I had

By the way...I only told him about it because he was a jerk when I was in his business trying to talk to him AND I was about to spend money at his store. It felt really good to tell him HEY you haven't been seeing me here because I take my business down the road and since your being a jerk I won't be back. It was his tone. When I asked "any good movies you have seen lately?" He says "movies are stupid, I don't watch them". I say "your in the wrong business then". I said that would be like me saying insurance is stupid. He flips me off...That's when I asked about his insurance because I wanted to "flip him off" without flipping him off.

He is probably under a bunch of pressure...those movie places are going out of business left and right what will pvp on Dish and the Redbox location, netflix (do people still do netflix?)

He is probably under a bunch of pressure...those movie places are going out of business left and right what will pvp on Dish and the Redbox location, netflix (do people still do netflix?)

Your probably right. He use to be really cool and nice.

He sells guitars and toys and all sorts of stuff in there also.

I use to actually post his business on my facebook because
I liked his store and wanted to help him out. I just expected some
kind of appreciation.

Redbox is a unsustainable business model. Netflix is in trouble.
You can't sell for the LOWEST price and stay in business because
then you do everything cheap. That means you attract cheap
clients who have little disposable income and when things aren't
perfect they can't buy anything. Do you remember all those cheap
airlines that sold plane tickets for $10...All gone. Wal-marts day is
coming. Southwest has had trouble due to this. The best market
are those affected LAST and LEAST by a recession....Affluent
Clients. It's sad because when you buy the cheap crap it's almost always
taking away jobs. Wal-mart china made crap products. You ever buy a shirt from
there? The buttons just fall off! That's why I pay $50-$100 for shirts they last.

Last edited:

It felt great. It was like saying hey f**k you TOO.

Sounds to me like you didn't change bsuinesses because he wouldn't do business with you but because he was a jerk to you. If he acted rude you had reason to change.

Last edited:
Some times its ok to burn bridges, most times it isnt. I've had people buy from me 10 years after they said no, after I stopped pursuing them. Be respectful. I used to own a chain of video stores, times are rough for all of them now, be respectful of all people. He may sale his business, and start up in another, you never know.

I'm sure it felt good to do that, but as a professional, you should have just quit going and left it at that.

Back