Am I a Jerk for This?

Here is a philosophical question - can you truly be a jerk in the pure meaning of the word if you question whether you are a jerk or not? Isn't a true jerk one who can't recognize the fact that they may or may not be a jerk? Don't they just figure they are right and everyone else is an ***?

no one has mentioned this, BUT, you think he isnt spreading the word of what kind of jerk you are and your agency, you NEVER know who someone knows and this moment of stupidness could cost you 100 policies,

Remember, people will easily speak bad of you 25 times more than they will speak good of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a philosophical question - can you truly be a jerk in the pure meaning of the word if you question whether you are a jerk or not? Isn't a true jerk one who can't recognize the fact that they may or may not be a jerk? Don't they just figure they are right and everyone else is an ***?

No that works for crazy but not jerks.

Jerks know that they are jerks.

No that works for crazy but not jerks.

Jerks know that they are jerks.

I'm not too sure. I've known people that are real jerks and they think they are cool and know it all. They are here to save the world. Maybe you can be a part-time jerk. That would apply to all of us I guess.

I'm not too sure. I've known people that are real jerks and they think they are cool and know it all. They are here to save the world. Maybe you can be a part-time jerk. That would apply to all of us I guess.

I always realize when I'm being a jerk. As a matter of fact, sometimes it's frustrating when I know what I'm saying but can't seem to change how it's coming off.:no:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
yeah...I should't have but at least I didn't cuss him out.

Eh...I've done stupid things too. Live and learn.

Last edited:
So I have decided any business that I go to who does not let me
at least compete for their life insurance business then I will not support their business.

For example I know two business owners in my area who own
video stores. One guy wouldn't let me compare his life policy to
what I could offer him so I found a new video store and wrote a
policy on him.

Oh and here's the kicker

Then I told the other guy that I go to his
competitor now.

For extra laughs

The 1st guy is with primerica on his policy and I was a
customer for over 7 years.

>"Am I a Jerk for This?"

Do not ask a question you really do not want an answer too.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
no one has mentioned this, BUT, you think he isnt sprading the word of what kind of jerk you are and your agency, you NEVER know who someone knows and this moment of stupidness could cost you 100 policies,

Remember, people will easily speak bad of you 25 times more than they will speak good of you.

I would have started a minute after I threw his whinny ass out of my store. Probably would have had the security video on a loop in the store and posted it on utube.

I sure as hell would not post on an agents site that I got out sold by a higher priced Primerica. Then had a melt down over it. Who posted something about growing a set?

Last edited:
Too many people to discuss, but those of you that aren't using your commercial clients' businesses are making it harder on yourselves than needed. Most clients do not want to talk shop while you're in their business. They're there to make money. If they do it's a quick five minutes tops. You being there shows them you're supporting them. It's a face to a name. It only strengthens the relationship when the competition comes knocking. Why in the world you would use the competition is beyond me. I'd go out of my way to show my clients I'm supporting them. The relationship you build gives back ten fold.

Back