American Republic

I interviewed with them last winter, they wanted some kind of huge production or else you were not "working hard enough", wanted you to be captive but would not actually say "captive", kind of danced around it a bit. Had some sort of deal with KC life for life ins. Nothing about it really got me too excited. Except they are from Des Moines and I'm from up there, but other than that, not really much to get me going. Of course, I'm not a big fan of health insurance, anyway.

Somebody like this needs to hop into the health market, have great rates and great management, great service, and do this thing right. They did say the service in Des Moines was good, so that is something.

Someone correct me if I am wrong I have a friend who works for an agency called King Benefit Consultants out in TX. He mainly writes a lot of health through them and he is putting all of his business when he can through American Republic. He is on a 24% contract with AR, and 12 month advance, he gets 6 months advance on submission, and the other six months on issue.

Is this correct?

if an agent is forced into getting advances due to the agent being new or just on hard financial times they are about as good as the next i had to take deals like that for a long time until i broke out and then never looked back... advances will get u into deep trouble. most advance agents are piss poor on service work then the client gets pissed over not returning calls or servicing their biz... advance agents have to make new sales to eat.....

American Republic...captive?

Got a call from an agent friend of mine in CT who decided to get appointed with AR. He called the company directly and was promptly informed that they are no longer taking independent agents - "career" agents only.

Re: American Republic...captive?

I believe they still allow Pinnacle to represent them and appoint brokers. AR has flip flopped back and forth from captive, to brokerage, and captive.

Call Mike Agee at Pinnacle Benefits Group @ 800-259-3959...best individual health commissions that I've found.
Todd

Got a call from an agent friend of mine in CT who decided to get appointed with AR. He called the company directly and was promptly informed that they are no longer taking independent agents - "career" agents only.

I don't know about new appts., but they cut us out of selling their major med products and retained us on contract for supplemental health, including med supps.

They are not competitive on ind. health anyway, and their rate increases are severe. They will do better selling it captive imo.

American Republic is not competitive in TX at all... The commission are good (around 30%), but the product is a build-a-plan with Pinnacle...

Back