Anyone sending AEP letters?

jack3454

Super Genius
I'm sitting here going into my 2nd AEP realizing how every single MAPD plan I have on the books is looking worse...less benefits, higher costs. Im thinking of sending letters to all my MAPD people. Is anyone sending a blanket letter warning your clients about this? Anyone care to PM me theirs (obviously ill remove all branding/names and will make it my own.) I'm a terrible at this and don't want to sound too gloomy/get people worried and not sure how to word this. Thanks in advance if anyone decides to oblige!

I'm sitting here going into my 2nd AEP realizing how every single MAPD plan I have on the books is looking worse...less benefits, higher costs. Im thinking of sending letters to all my MAPD people. Is anyone sending a blanket letter warning your clients about this? Anyone care to PM me theirs (obviously ill remove all branding/names and will make it my own.) I'm a terrible at this and don't want to sound too gloomy/get people worried and not sure how to word this. Thanks in advance if anyone decides to oblige!
lol . You’re 3 plus weeks late sending letters . Starting Oct 1st you need to be on the phone from 8 am till 10 pm 7 days a week for 30 plus days talking to clients and moving them

I didn't know exactly what the plans looked like until the first looks, some of which just came out last week and I didn't want to just fearmonger when I didn't know for sure. Do you just assume what the plans will be for the following year and send those letters in August?

I didn't know exactly what the plans looked like until the first looks, some of which just came out last week and I didn't want to just fearmonger when I didn't know for sure. Do you just assume what the plans will be for the following year and send those letters in August?
DonP sends out his general gloom and doom letter each year with no specifics. Waste of money IMO.

Just send email to clients Oct 1st stating lots of changes, we need to talk, spent weeks reviewing plans, that's why you have me, call me or set appt using this link

DonP sends out his general gloom and doom letter each year with no specifics. Waste of money IMO.

Just send email to clients Oct 1st stating lots of changes, we need to talk, spent weeks reviewing plans, that's why you have me, call me or set appt using this link
You’re a joke . I send out a general letter changes coming and I’ll be In touch over next 4-6 weeks .

I knew the plans would be trash . I send out a general letter . I really appreciate you and I’m honored to be your agent. Changes coming in 2025 . You’ll be getting tons of calls . Stay off the phone and fill no cards out . I’ve read many reports of people giving there Medicare # or ss # and getting there ss stolen . Asking for referrals. I’ll be in touch in the next 4-6 weeks to go over your plan . Please till this scope out and mail it back .

Don't listen to Don. The sky is always falling and the world is always ending in Don's world. Still love ya though, buddy...lol.

In all seriousness, Jack, I'm personally not. I have a very loyal and stable book of folks. They know if there's ever anything super important I'm always one phone call away.

So far, I've only fielded a few phones calls about the changes, and I just explain what happened. This current government administration, in removing funds, and making it harder for plans to get funds, along with inflation, has made some benefits go down.

But no different than the stock market, it goes up some, it goes down some. A lot depends on economic and government administrative factors that are out of our control.

The plans have changed a little by me, but absolutely nothing monumental or "undoable." And a few of the benefits that got stripped away were only just added last year anyway.

This isn't the first time benefits have gone down on Medicare Advantage. It happens sometimes, and then they come back. As I said before, a lot depends on the economy and things that are just out of our control.

Overall, the plans are still very good, and you cannot argue with a literal $0 monthly price tag. I think some people forget that these rich extra benefits are literally not costing them anything extra. I always make sure to slyly throw that in there.

Latest posts

Back