Anyone Using iPad/Tablet To Replace Paper Day Planners?

My calendar, tasks and CRM are all electronic. Act 2012 syncs with Outlook/hotmail and that syncs with my Android phone.

My revolving task list is still paper-based. I find it easier to "think on paper" and have something physical to reference over just having it "in the computer".

I don't need to buy a planner. Just a larger, spiral-bound notebook with lined paper in it.

I work off of a 10.1" Android Tablet for everything!!! I recently bought the Samsung Galaxy Note II and that's the ultimate 1-2 punch for automation. I set up alerts for everything and it's made my life much easier.

We work off an android tablet - contacts, pdfs, words, applications, customer file folders, etc. I'm thinking of getting the new windows tablet.

I can tell you, however, the most aggrevating thing is working with the insurance carriers. For me, they are far behind when it comes down to using tablets for their applications. I find it annoying when I can do something fast of my tablet and have to run back to my computer because either their whole page doesn't show up for a scroll bar, or it's always something.

:(

I've integrated Outlook with both my iPad and iPhone for contacts, calendar, notes, appointments and so on. Both sync wireless so I can make changes on any device and sync it around to my computer and i-devices.

I have looked around at different options for folios and most are either too big or too impractical. Daytimer, Kensington and others make folios, but much larger than the iPad which is actually a great desk size (like a smaller sized Daytimer).

I found that Booq makes an excellent folio iPad case and I slightly customized it to slide in my paper calendar/notes. The two right side pockets hold business cards and other cards, left side and bottom slots can also hold items larger than business cards.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    426.3 KB · Views: 77
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    376.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
they still make paper dayplanners?

Yes. You go to Wal-Mart and go past the black and white TVs but turn left at the stack of typewriters.

Every year when I buy mine I also pick up that special white grease for my rotary dial telephone and I'm good for another year.

Does anyone out there still use the One Card System? Talk about a blast from the past.
The OCS still has some things that are helpful. The "Success Manual" funnel approach can be a good tracker assuming your business model is of the older traditional variety... not so suited for the internet / dialer model.

I also believe that Granum's "Call 10-See 3 sell-1" model is obsolete as well as the "6-3 Prospecting and Promotion".

But in it's day, it was a Cadillac (or are Cadillacs obsolete today too)?

Back