Back Links

My site will be going live within a week or two and my traffic strategies will be all white hat. Building real backlinks and content targeting keywords. Blackhat strategies end up with the google slap, not worth it.

There's a lot of myth here.

Virtually anything you're going to be doing is technically blackhat or "search engine manipulation" as google would put it.

Blackhat doesn't mean you'll get slapped. There are plenty of sites folks do blackhat stuff to that stick around and survive google algorithm change after algorithm change and do just fine.

isn't buying backlinks considered blackhat?

Yes but he wanted to know about how to get links and those are the 3 ways

Earn
Build
Buy

I never specified which was more preferable.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My site will be going live within a week or two and my traffic strategies will be all white hat. Building real backlinks and content targeting keywords. Blackhat strategies end up with the google slap, not worth it.

I'm curious what do you consider a "real" back link
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Great way to get bad links. Some are legit, most aren't.

Agreed. Common $5 back links?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. Common $5 back links?!?!

I'll use fiverr for some things, even some backlinks, but I'm pretty specific about what I want and how I want it done. Most of the gigs are kinda useless, some are even dangerous if you use them wrong.

Just whitehat, so I assume your gonna just post at least 1 article a day, every day, so you can live off the long tail searches? I hope you have a taste for ramen noodles :)

Blackhat/whitehat/greyhat, it doesnt matter what kind of hat you wear as long as you get the job done.

Do you plan on doing manual blog comments/Ezine Articles/Press Releases/Guest Posts/Quality Web Directory Links?

Wait a minute those are all way to gain backlinks that you haven't earned, but are trying to manipulate the google algo, into thinking you are an authority in your niche, when ur just a brand new site?.....

i'll be the first to admit that i'm not the expert on this. In starting my site, ill be linking out as well, to gain credibility with the serps. I'll also have help with building links and blogging etc from people that are experts. As far as what I consider blackhat links? buying a link on a site that has nothing to do with your topic. I dont plan to post content daily, i plan to post content weekly, and in the beginning drive traffic through ads, ppc, because i realize that building organic traffic doesnt happen overnight.

i'll be the first to admit that i'm not the expert on this. In starting my site, ill be linking out as well, to gain credibility with the serps. I'll also have help with building links and blogging etc from people that are experts. As far as what I consider blackhat links? buying a link on a site that has nothing to do with your topic. I dont plan to post content daily, i plan to post content weekly, and in the beginning drive traffic through ads, ppc, because i realize that building organic traffic doesnt happen overnight.

Unless all you're doing is basically onpage content and optimization, it's blackhat.

Any link building is blackhat, even if it's relevant to your site.

from wikipedia "An SEO technique is considered white hat if it conforms to the search engines' guidelines and involves no deception. As the search engine guidelines[26][27][39] are not written as a series of rules or commandments, this is an important distinction to note. White hat SEO is not just about following guidelines, but is about ensuring that the content a search engine indexes and subsequently ranks is the same content a user will see. White hat advice is generally summed up as creating content for users, not for search engines, and then making that content easily accessible to the spiders, rather than attempting to trick the algorithm from its intended purpose. White hat SEO is in many ways similar to web development that promotes accessibility,[40] although the two are not identical."

Creating content for users is considered white hat, so an article with a link back to your site, or a guest blog post providing useful relevant info with a back link would be white hat.

do u consisder these whitehat techniques?

Comprehensive Car Insurance Explained - Yahoo! Finance

the writer linking to that site with the "cheap car insurance" anchor txt aint natural. u think they DIDNT get paid 500-1k plus for that link? blackhat if u ask me.....

from wikipedia "An SEO technique is considered white hat if it conforms to the search engines' guidelines and involves no deception.

Have you spent any time reading google's webmaster quality guidelines?

Webmaster Guidelines - Webmaster Tools Help

You might find this one interesting:

Link schemes - Webmaster Tools Help

Call it anything you like, white hat, black hat, grey hat, whatever. Es ist einfach so. That's just what it is.

You know what the joke is about white hat sites?

There are plenty of sites that rank using white hat techniques, you can find them on page 3.

Back