BCBSTX Discontinue U65 PPO Network

Texas agents, get ready for the phone calls to start pouring in. BCBS-Tx posted the news on their website today and advises everyone to "Call Your Agent" if you have immediate questions.

Ref: Alerts and Announcements | Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas - What to Expect for Open Enrollment for 2016 Plans
:swoon:

The media will be picking up on this soon..

My email went out around 9pm to all my BCBS PPO clients and FPs.

But I don't think the clients regularly look at the website. And the only local reporter who paid any attention to ACA resigned and is in the middle of chemo.

My email went out around 9pm to all my BCBS PPO clients and FPs.

But I don't think the clients regularly look at the website. And the only local reporter who paid any attention to ACA resigned and is in the middle of chemo.

A tiny spark can set off a chain reaction blast in a room that's filled with foul methane.

Blue Cross Texas PPO plan termination is huge locally, and for the chain reaction that will affect 2016 plans of other carriers nationwide.

The anti-Obamacare media bots comb the web 24/7 looking for stories like this. The first one to light the match will ignite the gas and away we go. Within 2 hours, the usual Anti-ObamaCare sites, blogs, talk-shows will be competing to see who can make this news the most dire.

The letter made me look for vodka...

And they are full of it. They don't want these people. They are dumping them. They want them gone. Although the biggest savings would come (if they moved) from the deeper provider discounts in the Advantage network and the crappy closed RX formulary.

I still think we are fine on commissions in 2016. They just dumped $367K people. They pissed off the agent community. They want to keep the HMO (profitable) business.

But I could be wrong. GO CIGNA!!!

Trust me: you will learn rapidly to dislike Cigna. I am now looking for vodka.

You should have been looking for tequila. I read somewhere that Friday was national tequila day.

It was. $2 a shot at Chevy's. Thursday was national Hotdog Day. All the Chili-Cheese Dogs you could eat for $1 each at Sonic. I gorged. An app on my phone updated and started alerting me to these things. Thinking about removing it now.

It was. $2 a shot at Chevy's. Thursday was national Hotdog Day. All the Chili-Cheese Dogs you could eat for $1 each at Sonic. I gorged. An app on my phone updated and started alerting me to these things. Thinking about removing it now.

No self control, huh?

Back