Beware Cold Solutions Marketing

"I sell almost half of every appointment set for me."

Quite clearly...one or more of the following is true about this poster (their first post, I might add):

*We will never hear from them again

*They work for Cold Solutions

*They are delusional and thought this was an easy way to win the lottery

*It is not a person that posted the message. But rather a Clingon, being chased through cyberspace by James T. Kirk.

In response to your dissatiffaction. I will tell you the Cold Solutions program has been a blessing to me. I question someone who has had more than 40 appointments and couldn't sell one.

I sell almost half of every appointment set for me. I have used their program for more than 3 years and not every appointment is great but all in all they are a great program for someone that wants to grow their business.

The Cold Solutions appointments people I see absolutely have assets. I would highly recommend this program to anyone. I have talked to many other Cold Solutions agents that feel the way I do and we discuss some of the issues with clients and I have had clients thank us for helping them. This seems to be the only program that does work. Not all marketing programs work for everyone.
F28-G-shill.jpg

My FMO was recommending them about a year ago. I asked them about cold solutions about 2 months ago and they said they stopped recommending them because ALOT of agents, if not all were unhappy with them.

I am sure an agent is going to sell one every once in a while but that is just how insurance works. I ran a medicare lead one time and the lady bought an annuity the next week from me. You are always going to fall into something.

I've been pursued by these guys and glad I hadn't pulled the trigger on anything. I don't want appointments to be set for me anyhow. I use telemarketed leads and have good success with them. They discover a need and then I follow up with a phone call...and if needed, set up something in person.

Something about this outfit made me cautious, though. And what do they say, even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes...

The truth about Cold Solutions.

I signed up about a year and a half ago for the 40 set appointments.

Of the 40 appointments, I lost 15 or so when I called to confirm. Someone stated that the mailer is deceiving and it is(was?). Most, actually all of the people thought I worked for the company their annuity was with and when I told them I did not most became less "responsive".

Five of the appointments were no shows. I drove out to their place and they were not home or were hiding.

The other 20 ran the gamut from good to scary.

Some had old fixed annuities that were earning nothing. I did a little business with them, just enough to cover the cost of the program.

Some had VAs, equities and mutual funds (I am a series 7) and thought I was there to perform a portfolio update. It was a very uncomfortable experience explaining to them that I was not their rep.

The best two.

I show up at some run down house and meet some woman at 11 am in her pajamas (nasty). She thinks I work for the annuity company that her recently deceased father has annuities with and wants me to search her attic for more annuities. When I tell her I don't, she calls up Cold Solutions and demands they tell her where her fathers annuties are.

The other was meeting an old lady out on a farm and having her son show up and accuse me of trying to rip off mom. We are talking Billy Bob in overalls missing teeth son. They had called the insurance company that morning and of course did not know me from Adam.

After about 34 quick initial set appointments the appointments came 1 every 2 months for about a year.

Basically, yes you can make money with this program but I am an ethical person and did not like deceiving people. When I finally got a copy of what these people were receiving I felt very slimey indeed.

Last edited:
Oh, the 1 every 2 months? Those were appointments that were originally booked with another agent, and for whatever reason, that didn't happen, so they re-booked with you.

Feel like a sucker????

I wanted to post a message about cold solutions. This company will get your money and NEVER deliver on what they promise you.

Their customer service staff retention rate is so high, no one is around when you need them. You have to raise hell to get something done.

The lady that runs the company hides behind her mantra of making sure that you don't get into a conversation with the "booked" appointments. Basically, you call, introduce yourself, confirm the appointment before the prospect has a chance to take a breath, and you hang up.

This is VERBATIM as to how they want you to set their "booked" appointments.

100% of the prospects targeted are NOT QUALIFIED. I will never believe that ANYONE who has used this service has made a living on their marketing strategy ALONE.

BUY A LIST AND COLD CALL. OR EMAIL ME AND I WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO DO WHAT THEY DO, IN A COMPLIANT MANNER CONSISTENT WITH YOUR COMPANIES RULES AND REGULATIONS.

FOR FREE

I WILL ALSO SHOW YOU THEIR FLYERS.

I am NOT selling anything. I just want them to close their doors and stop ripping off people.

Just because you are making money in an industry, does not mean that you have a viable business.

I am writing the CA state insurance commission and FINRA alerting them to this scam.

Unless, I get my money back. Then I will just write the CA State Insurance commission. Not FINRA.:arghh:

Please do (notify every agency possible). They are a complete scam, as has been stated before on this and other forums.

Unfortunately, in our business, we are easy "marks" - always looking for a better, faster, cheaper way to do business. Marks for con artists.

Notice
Please contact us about important changes that could have an impact on your annuity.

contact gayle cleary in the annuity service center for additional information.

They actually sent one to my house!!! This is what they use...

When I talk to leads companies I always try and find out how they come by their leads... These guys are why we have the regulations we do...

As for the shill who posted eariler, if you are going to make your living talking seniors into surrender charges on good policies to earn your commissions, be prepared to give it back somewhere down the road... karma baby, karma...

Wow. seems there method actually got worse. I think they used to use something like, "our records indicate you may have an annuity coming due" and that's where people who had NOTHING woudl call becasue they thought they were getting free money!

One I requested credit for was a man who had had an Executive Life policy. CS argued with me about it, they claimed he said he had an annuity. What a bunch of losers. They didn't even know who Executive Life was, or what happened to them. They are despicable!

Back