CALENDAR leads?

You’re telling me someone became 65 years old has never had any other exposure to insurance in six decades of life and all of a sudden saw your Facebook ad and thought it was free? That’s as believable as I am too busy can you come back tomorrow when they’re in their pajamas watching Maury.

I’m convinced they know exactly what’s going to happen when they fill out a direct mail card and I most definitely not the first person I’ve ever talk to by doing such.

Trying to teach this to our agents is hard enough. Trying to explain this to agents that are just buying leads from us is like fingernails on the chalkboard.

I love when I read an agent in a Facebok group bitchin' about his/her leads because "they all already had life insurance."

Imo, we are nearing an Amway moment in FE - too many agencies and "builders" chasing anyone and everyone who has the dream of "owning their own business." Soon enough anyone and everyone will either have been approached or "know someone who has." And the story will go "my cousin did that insurance thing and he went broke buying leads and they ruined his credit."

The craigslist world will then be on to its next multilevel marketing scheme.

this.JPG

Last edited:
Facebook targets based on a radius of a city. You can’t target by county. But you can also exclude areas based on a radius as well.

Rather than 1 big 25-50 mile radius, we can also choose three 20 mile radii (radiuses?) or five 10 mile radii based on 5 cities.

You can also just remove undesirable cities from your targeting.

You can target by county and zip code.

Facebook ads targeting is pretty advanced. For example, want to target people turning 65 next month? You can do that:

Or what about parents with a new baby? Hmm just had a baby? What happens to your little one if you're in a horrible accident and die? Don't you think some life insurance would be a good idea?

Last edited:
You can target by county and zip code.

Nice! You’re right. They rolled that out earlier this year. We will have to start testing.

How accurate have you seen the data when you target just by county?

Back